2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by Secret Weapon »

That was a crazy good game, they looked twice as fast as Nashville. The blues haven't looked fast in forever. I know Nashville was on the second night of back to backs but the blues schedule has been rough and the flu has been going around as well.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

That was about the most exciting game I've watched the blues play since they made it to the semi's several years ago.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

It is amazing to me how the team has come together the past month or two. At the beginning it felt like they were skating together for the first time all too often with errant passes, mishandled passes, defensive lapses constantly and such. Then once the calendar rolled into 2019 everything has just been different. They are playing great together and some of the passes and plays that they've connected on these past two weeks are just crazy. It just seems like suddenly O'Reilly knows where every player is on the ice at all times and can get them the puck perfectly without even looking. They are connecting on passes that... I just can't even understand how the puck got there or how the guy making the pass even knew that somebody was there. I think my favorite was the pass from O'Reilly to Schwartz last night early on where he spun around and hit him with a no-look backhand pass to set Jayden up for a great chance.

Then you have guys like MacEachern and Blais coming out of nowhere and just putting in amazing work at both ends of the ice to keep the pressure on Nashville.

And the Blues should still get Perron and Schenn back soon as well as Steen being out a few games recently due to the birth of a child and the flu last night.

THIS is more like the team I expected the Blues to be before the season started but even then, I can't say that I dreamed of anything like they've done since January 7th when Binnington made his first start. Binnington has been in the organization since 2014. Made one appearance back in like 2015 and then pretty much just been forgotten about since until now and is 15-2-1 in 18 career starts to this point. That is amazing.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Wow, what a finish! I thought they were about to absorb a bad loss.. But No.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

No kidding. The Blues aren't supposed to win games in the final 90 seconds, that's when they lose games normally!

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I was almost asleep and got a text from my brother. "Oh no we suck again." I thought, damn sure glad I'm going to sleep instead of watching that hot garbage. Only to wake up and see the final score. What a finish!

I can't help but feel like the Blues peaked too early. But we'll see. Hopefully they hold on to the 3 seed.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

GeddyWrox wrote:I was almost asleep and got a text from my brother. "Oh no we suck again." I thought, damn sure glad I'm going to sleep instead of watching that hot garbage. Only to wake up and see the final score. What a finish!

I can't help but feel like the Blues peaked too early. But we'll see. Hopefully they hold on to the 3 seed.
I was hoping the recent regression would allow for a re-peaking at playoff time.

Binnington seems to look human lately.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox