2019 NFL Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by lukethedrifter »

Titans pass for less than a hundo. Second week in a row. And win going away.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

crazy game

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Packers 28, Seahawks 23. The Packers will face the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

It's a tail as old as time...the NFL refs screwing up their job. and they have only 1 job and that is to get the call right, or at least make a best effort at getting the call right.

That "1st down call" at the end of the game was just another example of how incompetent these baffoons are.

The missed blatant helmet to helmet call earlier in the game is understandable i guess because its probably tough to catch stuff like that in real time, but the botched call at the end of the game is inexcusable.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I want to root for the Chiefs. I really do. But the fans doing that damn tomahawk chant just ruins it for me. I can't do it.

#StopTheChant

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

go birds wrote:It's a tail as old as time...the NFL refs screwing up their job. and they have only 1 job and that is to get the call right, or at least make a best effort at getting the call right.

That "1st down call" at the end of the game was just another example of how incompetent these baffoons are.

The missed blatant helmet to helmet call earlier in the game is understandable i guess because its probably tough to catch stuff like that in real time, but the botched call at the end of the game is inexcusable.
I didn’t see it as obviously not a 1st down, unlike you and the most of the rest of the world.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

The Houston Texans gave us two really good shows, one in each direction.

I get that KC is a ridiculously good football team, that Mahomes is among the best, I get it. But they are a fairly bad run defense, and if you shockingly go up 24-0 against them in the first quarter you really need to get some first downs and run the clock and keep their offense off the field. I was watching the 2nd and 3rd quarters of that game in total disbelief that they could just let it all slip away so easily.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

lukethedrifter wrote:
go birds wrote:It's a tail as old as time...the NFL refs screwing up their job. and they have only 1 job and that is to get the call right, or at least make a best effort at getting the call right.

I didn’t see it as obviously not a 1st down, unlike you and the most of the rest of the world.

his arm was clearly down before the yellow tv line.

but i retract my statement, because there's footage of the tv line being off mark.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

go birds wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

his arm was clearly down before the yellow tv line.

but i retract my statement, because there's footage of the tv line being off mark.
And if you blast the refs for the first down call, you have to blast them for the terrible fumble call in the first quarter. "It was indeed a fumble, but there was no clear evidence of recovery, so the Seahawks maintain possession and the Packers are charged their first time out." WTF [expletive] call.

Also, I love Lambeau. The wife and I made the trip for Sunday night's game and it did not disappoint. This was our second playoff game at Lambeau (the first was the first round game against the Giants in 2017). The snow really started coming down right as the game ended, which was kinda disappointing as I would have loved for it to have been coming down hard during the entire game.