A forum for non-baseball sports
go birds
-go birds

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by go birds »

Swirls wrote:
go birds wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
go birds wrote:It's a tail as old as time...the NFL refs screwing up their job. and they have only 1 job and that is to get the call right, or at least make a best effort at getting the call right.

That "1st down call" at the end of the game was just another example of how incompetent these baffoons are.

The missed blatant helmet to helmet call earlier in the game is understandable i guess because its probably tough to catch stuff like that in real time, but the botched call at the end of the game is inexcusable.
I didn’t see it as obviously not a 1st down, unlike you and the most of the rest of the world.

his arm was clearly down before the yellow tv line.

but i retract my statement, because there's footage of the tv line being off mark.
And if you blast the refs for the first down call, you have to blast them for the terrible fumble call in the first quarter. "It was indeed a fumble, but there was no clear evidence of recovery, so the Seahawks maintain possession and the Packers are charged their first time out." WTF [expletive] call.

Also, I love Lambeau. The wife and I made the trip for Sunday night's game and it did not disappoint. This was our second playoff game at Lambeau (the first was the first round game against the Giants in 2017). The snow really started coming down right as the game ended, which was kinda disappointing as I would have loved for it to have been coming down hard during the entire game.
Oh yea...had forgotten about that. reffing in general seemingly gets worse every year.

just eliminate instant replay so that the "in real time" excuse can be valid.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Well the refs took a lot of justified flack early in the season for blowing the whistle and ending turnover plays without letting them play out. They said they were going to let plays finish and then the booth could overrule their calls as necessary after the turnover. That didn't happen Sunday night.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Luke Kuechly retired at 28 years old.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Rooting for a SB I rematch.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Holy [expletive] the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl

khgfhgkjhbyf

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:The draft is tomorrow night, which means some team (Arizona) gets to draft upcoming epic bust Kyler Murray.

Yesterday the Chiefs traded for Frank Clark, one of the best DE in the league.

The Chiefs are your new god.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Oh, well. Niners-Chiefs should be a great matchup.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:The draft is tomorrow night, which means some team (Arizona) gets to draft upcoming epic bust Kyler Murray.

Yesterday the Chiefs traded for Frank Clark, one of the best DE in the league.

The Chiefs are your new god.
All hail!

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Radbird wrote:Rooting for a SB I rematch.
So was I, but it isn’t to be. I will now be rooting for the Chiefs because the guild master of my Star Wars:The Old Republic guild is from Kansas City.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Radbird wrote:Oh, well. Niners-Chiefs should be a great matchup.
I was obviously rooting for GB and the SB I rematch, but figured there was no way the Pack would stand up against SF's run. They got obliterated against them before Thanksgiving on MNF, so my expectations were reasonably tempered for this rematch. It played out about like I expected, unfortunately.

They were not a 13-3 team in the regular season. They had 3 games where they won as the clock expired, so they're more realistically a 10-6 team, which feels about right based on how they performed this year. An opportunistic defense that relies on turnovers is not viable. Hope is not a strategy (as we've learned throughout the years as Cardinal fans). They did improve their pass rush dramatically this year though, which was fun to see. I love me some Smith Brothers. But now they just need to fire Mike Pettine and bring in a young defensive guru to overhaul the rest of the secondary and the entire defensive line outside of Kenny Clark.

When was the last time the Packers have even had a Top 10 defense? Certainly not this decade. Maybe the 2010 season when they won the SB? Their defense has been at the bottom of the barrel for so long I can't even remember their last good defensive team.