St. Louis Blues, 2019 Stanley Cup Champions

A forum for non-baseball sports
wart57
just can't quit you.

St. Louis Blues, 2019 Stanley Cup Champions

Post by wart57 »

I just wanted to type that thread title...

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: St. Louis Blues, 2019 Stanley Cup Champions

Post by CardsofSTL »

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I've been euphoric and in and out of tears all day. The Blues are the Stanley Cup Champions, and not just when I play Eastside Hockey Manager.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

The Cup has been hanging out in my hood. Conn Smythe Trophy was in the middle of the street with Ryan Oreilly. my daughter's friend has a picture with half-shirt Edmundson. The crowd has grown all day and into the night. Cars honking 2 shorts and a long as they pass-including mine Can hear people cheering from my yard. Walked the dogs past tonite and people still hanging out, rolling their coolers over to the impromptu Cup party. Fun fun times.
Last edited by Freed Roger on June 13 19, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Anyone attend the parades for the Rams or Cardinals know about how long these things usually go? I'm going to try to go to this one. Normally not one for crowds, but its the Blues so I'll be there. Thinking of getting there early, 10, 10:30ish because I figure it will fill up soon. That too late?

I'm thinking the arch grounds might be the most fun place to be. Other thoughts? Start or end point a better choice?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

JCShutout wrote:Anyone attend the parades for the Rams or Cardinals know about how long these things usually go? I'm going to try to go to this one. Normally not one for crowds, but its the Blues so I'll be there. Thinking of getting there early, 10, 10:30ish because I figure it will fill up soon. That too late?

I'm thinking the arch grounds might be the most fun place to be. Other thoughts? Start or end point a better choice?
I went to the Cardinals parade in ‘06. I’d say the parade itself was maybe an hour. They of course went to Busch and had the ceremony there, which they sold tickets for which went fast (I did not get one). Overall I was a bit underwhelmed. It was OK, but I just don’t think the players were as connected to the city/fans. Only a couple of players were even wearing anything Cardinals related (e.g. hat, shirt). Most were wearing weird designer clothes.

Anyway, I think the Blues parade/rally will be better because of the way the players connect to the fans better. I would definitely recommend the Arch grounds over the parade route, unless you get there and it is already packed. Then I would audible to finding an empty street corner.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Thanks for the tips man. I went to the 2011 rally in Busch (I had almost forgot) and it was fun, but I'm glad the tickets were free. (I got lucky). The Blues are different though. This is MY team.

Arch grounds it is.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I was at both WS celebrations. They were fun, but didn't last too terribly long. I think this is going to be a whole different beast. I've seen estimates that as many as a million people might show up. I am planning on metrolinking down and just seeing how close to the arch grounds I can get.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I may be mistaken that they sold tickets for Busch--maybe they just had it set up as online reservations. That was a long time and thousands of beers ago (including 20 or so pints from the Lucky Keg).