MacGyver of Underwear

Re: St. Louis Blues, 2019 Stanley Cup Champions

Post by JCShutout »

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Found this yesterday while looking for something else. A little early... by 21 years...

EDIT: Took down pic
Last edited by JCShutout on August 21 19, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I've already done the I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING bit but this made the sniffles come back.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

When I got back to the hotel last night and turned on the TV I noticed a Boston sports radio show being broadcast on TV. They were still whining about the Bruins losing to the Blues. It was glorious. Although it wasn't so much about losing to the Blues but what these idiots thought of as a perceived history of embarrassing failures in the playoffs even though they are 4th overall in Stanley Cup wins and won as recently as 2011.

As a Blues fan I just wanted to laugh in their face and tell them to suck it.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Re-upped my ticket package for next year - my previous seats weren't available (weekend package) and the new seats, just a few sections over, are now double the cost. Going to be an expensive year at Enterprise. Hope those new seats are comfy.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Who were you rooting for in SC last year

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

JCShutout wrote:Found this yesterday while looking for something else. A little early... by 21 years...

I saw you on reddit!

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

TheoSqua wrote:
JCShutout wrote:Found this yesterday while looking for something else. A little early... by 21 years...

I saw you on reddit!
I don't go on reddit so that's a bit scary. Hopefully whoever posted it was kind. I can't seem to find it, but that's because reddit never really made sense to me. Too many threads and no organization.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

So I finally got to watch the DVD, but I don't think it was very good. Just not well edited. They don't touch on so many of the narratives and storylines that made the win so interesting and satisfying, or if they did, they rushed through it. Those are the things that will be fun to relive in 10 years. I mean, yes the goals and big saves too, but the reasons those goals and saves were a BIG DEAL.

Was there a mention of Gloria? Seriously, as much as I think that's a terrible song, that was a HUGE deal. Its basically skipped. No drunk Hull! WTF. Drunkle Brett and his kissing the chinchilla is nowhere. (Or at least no Ric Flair Hull. No Backes-Petro friendship former captain stuff. No draama on the hit on Gret... that Bruins dman, or the hit on Thomas. Nothing about Bobby and how he can't even watch games. Nothing on the drama in the clubhouse during the losing streak. If you weren't already a fan, you might not have known this was a franchise starved for their first cup. No mention than Gunnar's goal was the FIRST FINALS WIN IN HISTORY and made JC cry like a baby at the watch party. (or if it was mentioned, it was so quick I missed it.) No Kerbs shouting, "BOOM BOOM GUNNARSON", my personal favorite call ever in ever. Lots of cuts to bad interviews with players and time spent on playoff games that were less iconic. Mention those, build the narrative, and then spend more time on the important games: Round 1: games 1, 5 and 6 (really just Schwartz's hat trick), Round 2: games 6 and 7, Round 3: games 2 and 3, and then lots of time on basically all the Finals games. (Even the losses were important in showing the bounce-back Blues) How about 10s of thousands watching in the rain at Busch Stadium for game 7...

Honestly, this 5 minute video was far better than the DVD.
I hope someone comes out with a better dvd, because they will get my money.