2019 NBA off-season

A forum for non-baseball sports
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: 2019 NBA off-season

Post by 33anda3rd »

The NBA is wild man.

I didn't see that OKC also traded the Rox a second basketball so I'm gonna say this ends badly.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

I'm not sure how you get enough touches for both of those guys. There's still only 1 basketball, right? I still wonder if Westbrook will get flipped to Miami.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I think what's next is Presti flips CP3 to Miami or Orlando. They hold two future Miami picks, one is protected, they could get the protection off that pick and maybe some kind of other asset plus they eat Goran Dragic's expiring deal. CP3 gets to play in Miami for one of the league's marquee franchises with Butler.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

33anda3rd wrote:I think what's next is Presti flips CP3 to Miami or Orlando. They hold two future Miami picks, one is protected, they could get the protection off that pick and maybe some kind of other asset plus they eat Goran Dragic's expiring deal. CP3 gets to play in Miami for one of the league's marquee franchises with Butler.
This makes a ton of sense, but man, the Heat just refuse to rebuild.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

again i know nothing about basketball but...on one hand, one could applaud OKC for being small market and having some really great teams and players this last, what, decade? on the other hand, they didn't win the big one. i'm reading the thunder's wiki page and i completely forgot harden was on the team for a few years. crazy. someone made a funny edit, at least to me. you know how on these wikis they'll often segment certain time periods into a certain section (2013–2016: Westbrook and Durant era, 2015–2017: Durant's departure and Westbrook's MVP season, etc) but someone just added "2019: The End of An Era"

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I will never give the Thunder credit for anything. They are a college football town and they stole their franchise from one of the best NBA towns in the world, Seattle. [expletive] them. I'm glad they never won a title.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

thrill wrote:I will never give the Thunder credit for anything. They are a college football town and they stole their franchise from one of the best NBA towns in the world, Seattle. [expletive] them. I'm glad they never won a title.
+++

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
thrill wrote:I will never give the Thunder credit for anything. They are a college football town and they stole their franchise from one of the best NBA towns in the world, Seattle. [expletive] them. I'm glad they never won a title.
+++
Agree entirely. Criminal. It could be noted that they do have a Championship trophy, though. They took the Sonics goddam trophy. Whenever Seattle gets a team I want to be there for the first SEA/OKC game.

I do believe Seattle will get another team. But it will be bittersweet, because the city is so rich now and NBA fandom/experience have changed. It's going to be a Golden State situation, I fear, with lame, shockingly quiet rich fans in the seats that even the players complain about, and actual dues-paid, victimized fans priced out. I hope not.

Cool that Lillard ended an era from 37 feet though.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I'm just really happy that the journalists and opinionists are all finally all on the same page that Westbook is not that great and is grossly overpaid.