2019 College Football Season/Investing Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Tim
Consider him admonished

2019 College Football Season/Investing Thread

Post by Tim »

The Missouri O/U win total is 8
Arkansas O/U win total is 5.5

I like both for the OVER (I look forward to this post being bumped on Thanksgiving).

I feel more strongly about Mizzou. That schedule sets up nicely.

Going through the schedule I like Mizzou to be 9-2 heading into Little Rock the day after Thanksgiving.

If LSU beats Texas, they'll be undefeated when they face Alabama and it'll be labeled the Game of the Century

We purchased season tickets to Clemson again this year, with the plan to attend 2 or 3 games and sell the rest of a small mint.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Re: 2019 College Football Season/Investing Thread

Post by Tim »

Give GRB your Final Four prediction.

I will go first with a rather boring prediction.

In Atlanta:
1. Clemson (13-0)
4. LSU (11-1)

In Glendale:
2. Bama (13-0)
3. OU (12-1)

Yep. LSU loses only once, to Bama. UGA also goes undefeated in the regular season, HOWEVER will lose to Bama in the SEC Champ game. The committee won't have the stomach to allow UGA in, especially coming off a loss. LSU sneaks in.
Not a believer in Michigan or anyone out west.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Lastly, check out South Carolina's schedule

v UNC - In Charlotte
Charleston Southern
Alabama
@ Mizzou
Kentucky
@ UGA
Florida
@ Tenneessee
Vandy
App State
@ aTm
Clemson

Find me 6 wins! You can't do it. If they lose to UNC, watch out.

I am guessing the Gamecocks are looking for a new coach the first week of December.

ndistops
All-Star

Post by ndistops »

Tim wrote:Give GRB your Final Four prediction.

I will go first with a rather boring prediction.

In Atlanta:
1. Clemson (13-0)
4. LSU (11-1)

In Glendale:
2. Bama (13-0)
3. OU (12-1)

Yep. LSU loses only once, to Bama. UGA also goes undefeated in the regular season, HOWEVER will lose to Bama in the SEC Champ game. The committee won't have the stomach to allow UGA in, especially coming off a loss. LSU sneaks in.
Not a believer in Michigan or anyone out west.
Boring, but effective. Bama's schedule is especially crappy this year - LSU and maybe Texas A&M or Auburn are the only teams they play that have even the remotest chance of beating them prior to the SEC title game. And for Clemson, A&M is the only team that has any chance at all to beat them (I assume Trevor Lawrence is too good for Carrier Dome magic to strike them again), unless Florida State turns it around at warp speed, which they will not.

I'm also not a believer in Michigan. They need to beat someone worth a crap at some point before I buy in.

I'd be mildly surprised if LSU gets through with only 1 loss, but if they did, they'd definitely have a case for the playoff because they'd have to have beaten at least one of Texas or Bama, both on the road, plus A&M and Florida. The debate between them and a hypothetical 12-1 UGA with wins over ND, A&M and Florida would be interesting.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Army returns essentially everyone from an 11 win team (I think). They travel to Ann Arbor early in the year. Could be interesting

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Not a college football fanatic but I do follow Mizzou a little. I think I'd take the over on that, too.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I see why one could reasonably see a 9-2 season for the Tigers. But I’m a Missouri fan from way back so i expect 6-5.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Haven't paid any attention to other teams, but I would not be very confident at the over on Arkansas. young team, not very good. They have a cupcake non-con schedule where they should get 4 wins assuming they be CO state. But, if you even have to mention that last part about CO State, what two teams are you thinking they'll beat in the SEC?

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Haven't paid any attention to other teams, but I would not be very confident at the over on Arkansas. young team, not very good. They have a cupcake non-con schedule where they should get 4 wins assuming they be CO state. But, if you even have to mention that last part about CO State, what two teams are you thinking they'll beat in the SEC?
@ ole miss
@ UK
Miss state
Mizzou

All seem somewhat reasonable. I suspect with Starkel or Higgins at QB they’ll find two Wins. UA had the worst QB play in the country last year. I don’t believe that to be hyperbole

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

The terrible qb play had a lot to do with the o line being one of the worst in the nation too. A problem they didn’t really address.