CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: XFL

Post by CardsofSTL »

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Exciting game, and nice to see a couple of touchdowns and a win. The crowd was very into it and pretty rowdy (in a good way). Lots of Ka-Kawing in the consession stands. The lower bowl was mostly full. I'b be shocked if they didn't clear 20k, and would not be surprised if they cleared 24k.

I admit, when we made that interception late in the 4th that finally stopped the backup QB who had been shredding our D all half, I Ka-Kawed my lungs out. Good thing Seattle had such a horrible 1st half.

Sure, its not NFL quality, but these guys are a fraction of a second slower. Its still fun to watch. There were some really nice plays by our WRs and our QB. A couple of times something that looked like a nothing play turned into just enough yards for the 1st down on a QB scramble.

What was up with our #23? Got into a scuffle after the Dragon's first TD and then threw a punch after our INT that could have had a huge impact if our offense wasn't able to run out the clock with some key 1st downs.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I was wanting to pick up something Blues for the game Saturday night so I ran into Dick's in South County on Saturday afternoon. Of course their selection for Blues shirts was terrible.

They had nice stuff but everything was either small or medium and I won't fit into that. I finally found a Perron shirsey that I could live with so I grabbed it and headed to the register.

As I was walking to the register I saw their selection of Battlehawks gear right by the front door and I couldn't help myself. I can't find a picture of it online but I picked up a blue quarter zip shirt with the Battlehawks logo on the left chest and I absolutely love the thing. Everywhere that I've worn it since I get compliments with the occasional KaKaaw! thrown in. It has actually been a lot of fun to wear around town. I ended up in a ten minute conversation with a guy at Popeye's last night while picking up a couple of chicken sandwiches for the GF and her friend (her friend was having a meltdown over her [expletive] boyfriend so the GF was at her place talking her down). Apparently this guy has been seeing the logo all over town but wasn't sure exactly what the NFL was so while waiting for the people at Popeye's to get their stuff together, we had a nice chat about it.

The only downside is that the GF really likes it too so either I'm going to have to buy her something Battlehawks or she's going to steal mine before long, as she's already threatened. Thankfully she's more of a hoodie kind of girl and the hoodies are a bit cheaper. I wasn't thrilled with the $80 the thing cost me the first time around but having a brief moment of bonding with random strangers over the team has been fun so I guess it was worth it in the end.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I just picked up my tickets for the 21st against LA! I intended to just get the best $15 seats that I could but then... I splurged. It took me four tries to get seats where I wanted them because people kept beating me to them but we'll be in 338 Row A. The tickets seem to be going pretty darn fast so I'm glad that I was on there right at 10am.

After hearing about long concession lines and everything the first game, I'm hoping that by going with seats in the club level things will be a bit less insane and we'll be able to get a beer or two without missing an entire quarter.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Kroenke sucks amirite

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Saying that StanK sucks is putting it nicely as far as I'm concerned.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Hey tlombard, is this what you bought? It looks cool. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/g- ... tlhwksxfle

I'm still looking for a good battlehawks shirt that fits my style. I'm thinking about this one, (I wear more muted colors and designs, not quite so bright) but they're all so darn pricey: https://shop.xfl.com/collections/st-lou ... 6861980721

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

BH Tee

This might be your style JC

But I like this one:

KaKaaw

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Nah, the logo is too bright. I like everything to blend together. Plus I don't like its placement. Just sticks out off to the side. Should be subtle and soft. I also don't like stark whites or blacks. (Charcoal and cream is fine though) any color with a cool, grey undertone works well with my skintone.

EDIT: This one is pretty good. https://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Football ... 1&sr=8-131

Yeah, I think its going to be that one.