Jocephus wrote:
May 21 20, 10:20 am
the mcmahons are awful people.
Definitely.

tlombard
tl;dr

Re: XFL

Post by tlombard »

I'm clearly setting myself up for more heart break with hoping the XFL comes back.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

tlombard wrote:
May 21 20, 10:16 am
Rumors are swirling that Vince is working on buying the XFL back out of bankruptcy through another corporation and that bankruptcy was just a really [expletive] way to avoid paying the operating costs during the shutdown.

This has me both excited and mad at the same time. I was all on board with the XFL and Battlehawks because of my love of football combined with my hatred of the NFL. I always knew that Vince McMahon is not a very likable guy but he couldn't be as bad as the NFL right? Maybe I was wrong. That said, if the Battlehawks come back, I'll still be 100% on board with the team even if I am not as excited about the league in general.
McMahon is like 10x worse than the NFL. He’s likely 10x worse than any person you know.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

A buddy texted me. Apparently the rock bought the xfl. KAKAW! (Glad my dad got me that $7 clearance Battlehawks shirt)

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

for 15 million bucks hah

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

KAKAWWW

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

This headline from the Riverfront Times was too good not to post.

Vipers Fans Poop in Their Boots as St. Louis Battlehawks' Return Looks Likely
Ka-kawlling all St. Louis football fans: It's looking increasingly likely that your beloved Battlehawks will be returning to the turf next spring.

KSDK reports that the Dome at America's Center, better known (probably, hopefully) as "the Nest" among fans of St. Louis' bygone XFL team, has set aside five weekend dates in the spring of 2023 for possible XFL home games.

That should come as potentially great news to the rabid fan base that made St. Louis the league's leading market during its brief 2020 run. The team had only played a total of five games before the entire league shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but it meanwhile led the pack in television viewership, social media followers and attendance during its short tenure. XFL Newsroom notes that it was the one team in the league that had an instant following, and it was on pace to bring out 50,000 attendees for its matchup against the Los Angelos Wildcats before the plug was pulled on the season.
But if it's good news for Battlehawks fans, it must be terrible news for fans of the detestable Tampa Bay Vipers. The Vipers, as sports historians will note, were the Battlehawks' fiercest rivals, representing a feud with the intensity of a thousand suns that seemed to span across all of space and time, despite the fact the two teams never actually played against one another.

Some might wonder: How could a rivalry possibly exist between a pair of teams that have never actually shared a field? The answer is twofold: Firstly, hawks eat snakes. That's a simple nature fact, and it therefore stands to reason that the mighty Battlehawks would prey upon the slithering reptiles of Tampa Bay. Secondly, Vipers fans poop standing up. That's a simple bathroom habit fact that has become well-established lore among Battlehawks fans since even before either team touched the turf, and it's a perversion that St. Louis fans are simply unable to overlook.

When the 2020 season shut down, the Battlehawks and the Vipers were mere days away from their first matchup — meaning that the Vipers got real damn lucky, having only to face an ongoing worldwide pandemic rather than the sharp talons of the XFL's toughest team.

And this link below is good for a chuckle.

"Vipers Fans Poop Standing Up" and Other XFL Facts From BattleHawks Fans

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

GeddyWrox wrote:
December 6 21, 9:10 pm
KAKAWWW