2019 College Football

A forum for non-baseball sports
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: 2019 College Football

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Still could have played well and given a [expletive]. Think looking st the season you could realistically expect 8 wins which would have been nice even without an invitation to the auto zone bowl or whatever. 10 wins was of everything broke right. Who knows what to expect now. But, for the uninitiated, important to remember losing is bad and winning Is good.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Wait, Mizzou is banned from bowl?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

I sure wish Arkansas was better so I could revel in the misfortunes of Tennessee, Mizzou and South Carolina.

Alas, they are not.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

the whole SEC is bad and no im not going to acknowledge georgia and florida as being good.

they will just lose to alabama anyway

while on the subject, is anyone else kinda losing their steam for college football?

i mean sure, tennessee just being downright dreadful (though the future looks bright since Pruitt's recruits for the most part are the only ones showing up in games) has something to do with it, but knowing that there will be the same 4 teams in the playoffs every year just kinda takes the wind out of the sails.

The only real joy i get out of college football these days is via gambling. It's the only thing that makes it exciting.

ndistops
All-Star

Post by ndistops »

go birds wrote:the whole SEC is bad and no im not going to acknowledge georgia and florida as being good.

they will just lose to alabama anyway

while on the subject, is anyone else kinda losing their steam for college football?

i mean sure, tennessee just being downright dreadful (though the future looks bright since Pruitt's recruits for the most part are the only ones showing up in games) has something to do with it, but knowing that there will be the same 4 teams in the playoffs every year just kinda takes the wind out of the sails.

The only real joy i get out of college football these days is via gambling. It's the only thing that makes it exciting.
Funny, this is how I feel about the NFL, a feeling only intensified by New England probably but unprovably tampering to steal a top-flight receiver. At least in CFB there are benchmarks for your own team to shoot for if they're not a playoff contender - major bowl win, beating a rival, whatever. Last week's slate wasn't even all that good and it turned into an extremely entertaining day.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

And language

[SHOW]

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Penn State is no longer undefeated... That was the surprise of the day to me

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

CardsofSTL wrote:Penn State is no longer undefeated... That was the surprise of the day to me
I mean I think Penn State beats Minn 6.5 times out of 10. Buuuut both teams undefeated in same conference- shouldn't Minn vault up to #5 or whatever and Penn State go to Minnesotas 15 or whatever?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:Penn State is no longer undefeated... That was the surprise of the day to me
I mean I think Penn State beats Minn 6.5 times out of 10. Buuuut both teams undefeated in same conference- shouldn't Minn vault up to #5 or whatever and Penn State go to Minnesotas 15 or whatever?
Not exactly...strength of schedule plays a lot into it. Penn State was the first ranked team that the Gophers had played up to this point; they have games against Iowa and Wisconsin remaining so if they have strong showings against them and other teams falter; they could potentially move up but I have a hard time believing they will finish above sixth in the rankings. I also don't think they will beat Wisconsin; but anything can happen.