2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
albertmvpujols
All-Star

Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

Post by albertmvpujols »

The series is far from over, but this looks eerily similar to the Blues of last year. They were certainly out of sorts to begin the series having never gotten back into a rhythm in the bubble, but they look to have found their game. The Canucks have insane top end talent and will be very good for a while, but they are super thin after their top stars. No secondary scoring, below average defense outside of Hughes.

The Blues were 8-8 last year in games 1-4 and 8-2 in games 5-7. I think that seems likely to continue here. The Canucks have overplayed a lot of their top end talent to compensate for how outmatched their bottom 6 is and I think that with the combination of the Blues style has just ground them down.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Had to go to bed right after ror’s 2nd goal. These late games are gonna be the end of me

Let’s go blues!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

albertmvpujols wrote:
August 18 20, 1:12 am
The series is far from over, but this looks eerily similar to the Blues of last year. They were certainly out of sorts to begin the series having never gotten back into a rhythm in the bubble, but they look to have found their game. The Canucks have insane top end talent and will be very good for a while, but they are super thin after their top stars. No secondary scoring, below average defense outside of Hughes.

The Blues were 8-8 last year in games 1-4 and 8-2 in games 5-7. I think that seems likely to continue here. The Canucks have overplayed a lot of their top end talent to compensate for how outmatched their bottom 6 is and I think that with the combination of the Blues style has just ground them down.
As I watched last night's game unfold, I was struck by how similar this series was feeling to our first round series against Winnipeg last year. The parts I bolded are what I was seeing, too.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I hate to say it, but this team is actually better without Tarasenko for now. I don't know if his shoulder is still bad or what, but he was not productive in the first two games, and this team has begun to really assert itself without him in games 3 & 4.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I was only able to catch the first 15 minutes, but they looked much better. Controlling the play, hustling, the hallmarks of last year’s run.

On a bad note, the Avs look locked in. We are going to need Allen to stay on his game, and Taresenko back up to snuff.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Certainly looks like the blues are wearing the canucks down and in turn slowing them down which is aided by the games on back to back days and the two previous games going into OT.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I just looked at the bracket layouts. They have it so the 1 and 2 seeded teams will face off in the next round. Why would they do that?? Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather face Dallas or Calgary than Vegas or Colorado next round (if we manage to advance). It just seems odd that you would pit the 1 seed against the 2 seed in the second round.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Tank headed to stl to see a doctor

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Not good. But they've been winning all season without him.

We need to get Barbashev back from paternity leave!!!