2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

Post by JoeMcKim »

So is Bouwmeester still at the hospital in Anaheim or did they move him back to St. Louis?

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

He's still in Anaheim. They implanted an ICD in his heart. https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/bouwmees ... -315058118

Likely means his career is over.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I can't imagine anything them doing for him that would've potentially saved his career, now its just about trying to make sure he lives a long and healthy life after this.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Blues trade for Marco Scandella to replace jaybo for a 2nd/4th with Montreal picking up half the cap hit.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Can we get a scouting report on the new guy?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the team has acquired defenseman Marco Scandella from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fourth-round pick in 2021.

In addition, the team has placed defenseman Jay Bouwmeester on long-term injured reserve and assigned defenseman Niko Mikkola to the team's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage.

Scandella, 29, has dressed in 51 games between the Canadiens (20) and Buffalo Sabres (31) this season, totaling 12 points (four goals, eight assists), a plus-10 rating and 16 penalty minutes.

The 6-foot-3, 208-pound defenseman was originally drafted by the Minnesota Wild in the second round, (No. 55 overall) of the 2008 NHL Draft.

Across 10 seasons, Scandella has appeared in 569 regular-season games and tallied 136 points (42 goals, 94 assists) and 227 penalty minutes. He has also played in 39 career postseason games, recording nine points (six goals, three assists) and six penalty minutes.
https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-ac ... -315221190

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

mikechamp wrote:
February 18 20, 4:17 pm
Can we get a scouting report on the new guy?
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/marco-scandella/bio

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I don't know much about the guy, other than he seems like a defensively responsible LHSD.

Not sure we really needed one given Mikkola's development, but I know depth is important.

Important enough to send away a 2nd round pick? Yikes.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

JCShutout wrote:
February 19 20, 1:07 pm
I don't know much about the guy, other than he seems like a defensively responsible LHSD.

Not sure we really needed one given Mikkola's development, but I know depth is important.

Especially pointless since this Scandella guy will probably just be a rental. They recalled Mikkola after Bouwmeester's situation but haven't even allowed him to play in a game. How's he supposed to prove that he can fill in if you never let him play. And now with Scandella yet another Defenseman will also get a healthy scratch every game.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

JoeMcKim wrote:
February 20 20, 2:22 pm
JCShutout wrote:
February 19 20, 1:07 pm

Especially pointless since this Scandella guy will probably just be a rental. They recalled Mikkola after Bouwmeester's situation but haven't even allowed him to play in a game. How's he supposed to prove that he can fill in if you never let him play. And now with Scandella yet another Defenseman will also get a healthy scratch every game.
Yeah, I expected another DelZotto for a 6th type of deal, with the new guy playing in a handful of games and being the 7th man with Mikkola and Gunnar rotating in the 2nd LD spot. I wouldn't have minded giving up a 5th or later for lesser player, or even a 4th for a guy like Scandella. A 2nd is tough. 2nd rounders can be good. Kyrou, Perunovich (not here but looks promising), Dunn, Barbashev, William Carrier (solid role player), Edmundson, Jaskin, (underrated when looking at advanced stats) and Allen are all 2nd rounders the Blues have drafted in the last 12 years or so. Those are some good and useful players. There are also plenty of busts in any round, but I just wonder if a 2nd was necessary.

That said, it is only one game, but the team played pretty well without Petro and with Scandella against a good Dallas team last night. We'll see what lasts.