Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: 2019-2020 St Louis Blues Hockey Season

Post by Jocephus »

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

I bought tix to the Fan Fest on Sunday, but is it crazy busy just to do any of the activities? I'm not concerned w/ a picture w/ the cup so I'm not concerned as much w/ the issues mikechamp ran into.

mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Post by mikechamp »

The lines for various activities averaged about 15 minutes in length. It just depended on what you wanted to do. Play bubble hockey in the Dunkin' Donuts area? You might have to wait 5-10 minutes. Get your picture on a donut in that same space? Probably 20-30 minute wait.

Do the SAP Face-off Fury game? That was about a 15 minute wait, but we got into the line when it was shorter than earlier in the day.

Watch the guy build the Stanley Cup and Union Station out of cards? No wait; you just walk up and watch for a minute or so. Heck, by Sunday, he'll be done. Same goes for the guy painting the mural.

Geico slap shot challenge? That line never went down. I'm guessing it was 20 minutes, but that's purely a guess.

There's a VR/360 experience. That was probably a 20-30 minute line.

The non-Stanley Cup trophies are just on display in a big open area. No waiting involved.

We didn't go to the Great Clips kids area, so i don't know what that looked like.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Yeah, my Dad and I ended up not doing any of the activities. We just looked at everything and did people watching. We spent the bulk of our time at the non-stanley cup trophies and the historical Blues stuff - which was worth the price of admission alone. (So, $12 or $15 or so) It was really fun looking at all the names of past winners and finding Blues. It was crazy to look at the names on the Art Ross (most points). From 1980 to 2001 only 3 players won that trophy. Jagr, Lemieux and Gretzky. It was almost one entire side of the trophy with those 3 names over and over. The displays of old Blues stuff (and a display for the old St. Louis Eagles) were fun too.

We also got there around 4/4:15 and the usher at the beginning told us about not being able to reserve a slot so we said no way. The stanley cup is cool, but I'm not waiting 6 hours to see it. We were done and having dinner in Lafayette Square by 6.

Restaurants in the area are crazy busy, as expected. Go to MayoKetchup which is a mile away, so you're close to the action, but won't wait an hour, and is really good Puerto Rican, Cuban and Dominican food. I suggest the Jibarito (steak or pork sandwich with smashed and fried plantains as the bread). Owners are real nice too. https://plantaingirl.com/

Part of me would love to fork over $175 (so really $210 after fees I'll bet) for the game, but after everything I spent on the SCF and Blues merch after the win I just can't justify it.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

I waited 4 and a half hours to see the cup. Got a photo with my Dad and a photo with my family. It was worth every minute of waiting.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Awesome!

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Blues been in a rough stretch for a bit. The first read extended adversity they have faced. Seems like before this slide, we were finding ways to win even when behind, now we might be ahead and find a way to lose. Binner's stats haven't been stellar, but haven't been awful. There have been a few softies, but a lot of poor defensive play in front of him, and the team isn't scoring as much as before.

In the past they would snap out of a streak like this and go on a run after just 2 or 3 losses. We'll see how long it takes to get back on track here.