2019-2020 NBA

Post by 33anda3rd »

We met Jenny Lewis we never gonna fail.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: 2019-2020 NBA

Post by 33anda3rd »

Preseason 2020 LeaguePass Pref List
(Bulls don't count, they're local, but if Bulls counted they'd be top three. This is the most excited I've been for a Bulls team since D-Rose was 100%.)

7. Indy. If they had Dipo they'd be higher. I like TJ Warren, but TJ Warren has never had to play a single minute of meaningful basketball in his NBA career. If he shows some want he's got a good shot at Most Improved Player. Also Sabonis got paid, I love Sabonis.

6. Sacramento. Fox could take another big step forward, and I really like Harry Giles. Young team with lots of upside. They'll be my late-tip LeaguePass choice a lot this year.

5. Dallas. Luka + Kristaps + Kleber + Boban = give Mark Cuban all the long Euros so the dream of Dirk can live forever.

4. Atlanta. There's a lot of young talent there. Reddish, Trae Young, De'Andre Hunter and John Collins make a really intriguing core four who could develop really well together. They'll be bad, because they're so young, but they'll be entertaining. They'll be my 6PM early tip on League Pass frequently.

3. Grizz. Ja Morant is my second favorite rookie on this team: I LOVE Brandon Clarke. Jaren Jackson looks ready to break out too. The way the West is wide open and the way so many teams could be one injury (Lillard, Davis/LeBron, Curry, Harden, Mitchell, Jokic) away from falling out of contention, I like Memphis as a darkhorse 7-8 seed. I'm really excited to see these guys play together.

2. Nuggets. Jokic for Prez basically. He's gonna go 23/10/8 this year and will in doing it be WAY more valuable than Russ ever was in a triple-double year. They basically are running it back with no over-the-hill players but the addition of MPJ and potentially a look at Bol Bol as a third-string guy on a tight minutes limit but with the talent to be an impact in that role. This team is going to be fun. They're probably my 3rd favorite team to win the title, after the Clips and...

1. Sixers. This is gonna be too much fun. Simmons the shortest guy on the starting lineup. Everybody defends on this team, they're all long, including the rookie Thuybulle, and Josh Richardson gives them another playmaker with Simmons to mitigate losing Jimmy. I'm picking Embiiid to be the third player in NBA history (after MJ and Hakeem) to win MVP and Defensive POTY in the same season.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I like L.A. Kawhi. Doing TV ads with Arnold. Upstaging LeBron and AD on National TV on opening night.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Embiid and Karl Towns got into a scuffle. Both ejected. The Wolves are protesting the league's decision that Simmons played peacemaker.
Towns' mom flipped JoJo off on his way out.
Embiid let KAT have it on Instagram, saying he was raised by lions and last night got pulled on by a cat, then referenced Jimmy Butler's practice game when he whipped Towns' butt with the third-string. KAT came back in the comments and Embiid reminded KAT that he has not been past round one in the playoffs and then only once, called him a b--ch and more.

Also last night, the Wiz and Rox played a bizzaro circus of a game. The greatest shooter in NBA history breaking his hand was like the 4th-5th biggest story of the night. Man I love the NBA.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

That Lakers-Mavs game was fun as hell.

Also, my god...

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

New LeaguePass Power Rankings

6. Miami. Butler is doing everything. Tyler Herro can shoot. That dude that beat the crap out of his girlfriend at U of I keeps them from being higher on my list. Spoelstra teams and that weird Miami environment somehow always works.

5. Grizz. Clarke + Ja + Jaren = best young trio in the damn league.

4. Denver. Largely b/c they have all that talent and are dizzyingly frustrating. #FreeMPJ, who has has only 28 more minutes than he did this time last year, and is averaging 23 points and 10 boards per 36 minutes in that measly 28 minutes of run. WTF?

3. Lakers. LeBron re-peaking. That D too.

2. Dallas. M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P!

1. Philly. They're so good, Embiid is the most fascinating combo in history--better than Boogie, Draymond, Rodman, all of them--of both technical brilliance and keeping you on the edge of your seat because something crazy might break out.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Hmm. Road trip to Memphis? Want to join, 33? thrill? Others?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Memphis is a pretty long haul for me.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Or a short flight.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Or a short flight.
Not too far of a drive from LR.