NASCARRR!!!

A forum for non-baseball sports
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

NASCARRR!!!

Post by Leroy »

So about three weeks ago, I was so sports starved, I almost watched a NASCAR race. I didn't.

Now that they have gotten rid of the confederate flags at races, I'm happy. Still not gonna watch.

tlombard
tl;dr

Re: NASCARRR!!!

Post by tlombard »

I've actually watched some NASCAR just because it is one of the few live sports. I've generally just left it on in the background while doing other things though. The finishes can be exciting but the rest of it is just soooo boring. I went by my dad's to pick up a bicycle yesterday and did see the last four laps of a race (which ended up being something like six or seven laps) and it was actually pretty entertaining. There was one wreck right before the white flag so then they basically added two more which resulted in another wreck almost immediately after that restart and then a really close finish.

If only they could make the rest of the races that exciting instead of an hours long snooze fest, then I could get into NASCAR. Maybe.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Borin

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I had the Daytona 500 on yesterday (which was mostly a big long weather delay) but when they re-started it looked like a demolition derby with all the crews sawing and hammering and welding and what not to get the cars able to run a lap or two in order to get some points (I guess?). One car didn't have a hood and only had half the front bumper. But, there he was out there driving 170mph I guess.

Not a big nascar fan, but the more I pay attention the more I'm amazed that they can drive 190 mph with someone 6" in front of them, 6" behind them and a foot or two to the side. Granted, there's a lot of trust amongst all the drivers as they're there for a reason. Still, it's impressive.

Another thing that's pretty damn cool is how good they are at manipulating the aerodynamics. 190mph, that's the speed a commercial airplane starts to fly, or thereabouts. Yet these guys are being pinned to the ground. Which..yeah, obviously. But it's still fascinating.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
February 15 21, 8:11 am

Another thing that's pretty damn cool is how good they are at manipulating the aerodynamics. 190mph, that's the speed a commercial airplane starts to fly, or thereabouts. Yet these guys are being pinned to the ground. Which..yeah, obviously. But it's still fascinating.
[SHOW]
Spoilers.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Popeye_Card wrote:
February 15 21, 8:24 am
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

[SHOW]
Spoilers.
I lol'd

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Popeye_Card wrote:
February 15 21, 8:24 am
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

[SHOW]
Spoilers.
Yeah if you're into the science of racing, you should just watch F1. Nascar just applies a [expletive] of downforce. F1 cars have to, ya know, turn more than one direction and contend with a variety of track types.