Re: 2020 NFL Season

Post by Jocephus »

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

obucard wrote:
February 8 21, 11:31 am
I really wish a player would have put the hurt on him.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

wasted

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

JJ is going ring chasing.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

The NFL has upheld rigid jersey number restrictions since 1973, requiring certain positions to fall within certain digits, but that will change dramatically in 2021. The league has instituted minor tweaks over the years, like allowing wide receivers to wear numbers between 10-19 in addition to 80-89, but the NFL's competition committee voted Wednesday to pass a proposal by the Kansas City Chiefs significantly loosening restrictions -- so much that every skill position will now be eligible to wear single digits.
All lame until they allow 'He Hate Me'.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Remember last season when everyone thought the NFL was being unfair to the Broncos for making them play a game without a QB last season? Turns out there’s a good reason why.

The Broncos QBs tried fooling the contact tracing monitors by taking them off and putting them in four corners of the film room. Surveillance video showed they all sat together.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm trying to get back into the NFL this season but it didn't take me long to remember some of the reasons that I get so frustrated with the league in general when it comes to the actual games. I was having lunch and watching the Lions and 49ers and there was a catch made along the sideline where they ruled it incomplete because the receiver stepped out of bounds. OK, that's fine if he just stepped out but what drives me crazy is that he was pushed out of bounds by the defensive back and only stepped out with one foot and then immediately got two feet in bounds before making the catch. It's one thing if he went out of bounds on his own but shouldn't there be an illegal contact penalty if he was shoved out of bounds by the defensive back? In my opinion they need to address that situation by allowing the receiver to establish himself back in bounds and able to make a catch legally as he did not go out of bounds without some kind of interference by the defender.

And then just now with the Browns player being kicked out, I get that he can't retaliate and shove a coach but that coach also needs to be kicked out or something for taking the first shot at the player. I also don't believe that the Browns player intentionally stepped on the Chief's player. He's being shoved in multiple directions by multiple Chiefs. From the views that I've seen, he's trying to keep his balance and can't see everything around him or precisely control where he's stepping while he's being shoved in multiple directions. Maybe there is a different angle that I didn't see because I came back into the room at the tail end of it but the one replay I saw doesn't give me the impression that he instigated anything. If New York (as the announcers said, maybe that's not what actually happened) are going to buzz in and cause the call to be reversed and the player kicked out then they need to actually use their brains and review everything with the play. It just seemed like some complete BS to me from the little that I saw of it.

It's almost like the NFL decided to consciously refuse to use logic when it comes to rules or their decisions at times. Either way, I'm rooting for the Browns because I'm still mad about how the Chiefs handled the situations with Hunt and Hill when they had known about the allegations for months but tried to hope they would go away without making it into the public eye so they didn't have to do anything (obvious who they thought was more important to the team with one only being suspended and the other cut) while publicly going on about not tolerating domestic violence... and then going out immediately and signing Frank Clark as soon as they had the chance. Yep, a guy who pled guilty to punching his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach awhile back.

I'm also still mad about them voting to let the Rams leave St. Louis and then immediately spending money to try and convert St. Louis fans into Chiefs fans. It's like they voted to send my puppy to LA and then offered to let me play with their puppy on the other side of the state. I kind of liked the Chiefs before all of that but they are now probably the team that I despise more than any other in the NFL. I loved playing fantasy football and I have no issue with the players but the league and the owners can all take a 10 pound pineapple up their rear ends daily for the rest of their lives as far as I'm concerned.

I won't even get into the Cowboys and how they supported Elliott and his multiple issues the same off season that they cut Lucky Whitehead because they found out that there was an arrest warrant out for somebody by that name without even giving him half an hour to find out what was going on (surprise, surprise, it wasn't him that they were looking for) and made their public relations stand by cutting him and spouting off about how they won't tolerate that kind of behavior and then conveniently never took ownership of messing up and cutting a guy because they made a mistake because he wasn't important enough to the team for them to care.

I'm trying to get past it all because I love the game of football but the league and owners just make it almost impossible for me to come back around. It seems like any time they actually do the right thing, they go and do two more things that prove once again how terrible they are as organizations and human beings in general.