NFL Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Re: 2020 NFL Season

Post by Leroy »

I think it is very cool that ESPN used up all that air time this year on the great Aaron Rodgers and he came out and played like a turd.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

Great news for Green Bay and terrible news for the rest of the NFL

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aa ... entnewsntp
Rodgers appeared on The Adam Schein Podcast on Wednesday and while he didn’t come out and say he’s staying, he seemed to make it pretty clear that his preference and plan is to remain in Green Bay.

“The grass is greener where you water it,” Rodgers said, via an NFL.com transcript. “I really believe that. And you know, that’s an adage to dissuade people from going out and taking risks and chances, and you know, I think that where you spend your time and energy and what you choose to water will always be the greenest part of your life.

“I decided when I came back that I was going to be all in with the team and all in to see things move forward to a better place. And that’s what the conversations were about, you know, during the offseason, was about being a part of those conversations that impact my ability to do my job. And I, you know, from one of the first days, Brian [Gutekunst] and I sat it down and got on the same page and it’s been a really nice Fall and Winter. I appreciate his approach, how it’s been, and it’s been very meaningful to me. So I’m thankful for that relationship, where it’s at at this point, and that’s made my life that much more enjoyable. So I gotta give Brian a lot of credit for meeting me in the middle.”
Super bowl or bust baby here we goooo

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

I'm pretty sure the last time the Raiders travelled to Cincinnati for a playoff game was the last time I saw Bo Jackson play football (other than Tecmo Bowl).

:(

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

I never saw him play football but I did see him play AA baseball.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

We had a chance on our way home from our first trip to St. Louis to see the Cards to see him play in Kansas City, but we blew all our money on beers and souvenirs in St. Louis. I still regret not going to that game.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I'm just now noticing that no one started a 2021 NFL season thread.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

That Chiefs vs. Bills game was easily the best NFL game this year.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

mikechamp wrote:
January 13 22, 11:37 am
Maybe we should change the title to "The NFL Thread."

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

obucard wrote:
January 24 22, 2:00 pm
mikechamp wrote:
January 13 22, 11:37 am
Maybe we should change the title to "The NFL Thread."
It seems like that would be the simplest solution, same goes for all of the other mega threads.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Here is the comment Goold is taking exception to.
In their six years since returning from St. Louis, they have taken proactive steps to endear themselves to Los Angeles.

They traded for a No. 1 overall pick. They hired a rock star coach. They became contenders. They opened a breathtaking stadium. Presented with an opportunity to play a Super Bowl in this new stadium, they went all-in by stockpiling superstars.

What the Rams are dealing with now are the remnants of the NFL’s decision to desert this market for more than two decades.

Get used to this. Children who were born when Los Angeles didn’t have a football team became of legal drinking age and the city still didn’t have a football team.

That’s not damage that can be repaired in six years.

Something like this is bound to unfold every now and then until there’s a generation of Angelenos that views the Rams as Los Angeles’ team and Los Angeles’ team only, rather than a refugee from a dump of a city in the Midwest.