St. Louis Blues 2020-21 Offseason and Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

St. Louis Blues 2020-21 Offseason and Season

Post by JCShutout »

Petro gone as the Blues signed Krug. 7 Years, $45.5m :shock:

On a tablet and having some issues copying and pasting, but its on the Blues twitter and website and app.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: St. Louis Blues 2020-21 Offseason and Season

Post by JoeMcKim »

Since it's obvious now that Pietrangelo is going elsewhere, does O'Reilly get the C on his jersey next season?

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

That’s a good question. I know there were rumors of a split locker room concerning petro vs steen as captain after backes left. Not sure how true those were, but one would think sterner has to be on the verge of retirement soon, and better serves the team with a A.

Schwartz has been around far longer, and is a very quintessential blues type player, (Keeping him is imperative imo) but ror may be the archetypal skilled blues player. The platonic expression of what the blues want in a scoring line forward. Additionally my gut says he has as much respect in the locker room as we perceive, based on his extra skill workshops that organically developed last year.

Also, ror appears to have that hard to define, your gut just knows it’s his team, air about him. He just naturally seems to fit.

I’m not in the locker room, but if it was based on what little I know, it’s ror.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

They might just start the season with 3 A's and figure it out later on.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I could see that. I could see ROR, Schenn (dude might be the second most archtypal scoring line blues player. Hitting machine) Schwartz, and honestly with as much as he loves stl and his high level of play, Perron. (Wow have I come around on him)

I can't remember a time when a Blues Dman didn't have a letter though.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I would assume that Steen would remain an A for what might be his final season. So the last spot would come down between Schenn, Schwartz and Perron since ROR is already an A.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

I remember rumblings that Tarasenko wanted to be considered for Captain last time. He's not the traditional leader type, but if he were healthy his tenure and skill on the team would make him an obvious candidate for captain. I also think making ROR captain might alienate Tarasenko, so i could see the team being a bit conservative and going with a few As untik 'Senko's injuries are sorted out or him and ROR come to an agreement of some sort.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I just read that Petro will be signing with Vegas.

albertmvpujols
All-Star

Post by albertmvpujols »

Vegas handled this so poorly. Hey were transparent in their interest in Petro that they traded a top pairing dman on a great contract with term until his age 34 season for pennies on the dollar. I'd still rather have Petro at 8.8 per year over 7 than Krug at 6.5 per over 7, but id also rather have nothing than Krug at that contact. Krug is a better version of a type of defenseman we have in spades (Faulk, Dunn, what Perunovich projects to be).

Not a big fan of Vegas as a team but I wish Petro all the luck. Had Covid not hit or armstrong/Petro not played this so poorly Petro would retire a career Blue. For the first time in many seasons I'm not looking forward to the upcoming season. Part of that is Covid related but a big part of that is that is Petros ascension being synonymous with the blues rise. He's been the best player on a team with a great run for the last decade.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Losing Petro hurts. He's been my favorite player on the Blues for the past several years. But with the current economics, it makes sense to let him walk for that amount.

I don't like how our D corps is evolving though. Parayko is the only one I really like defensively. Binnington isn't a guy who is going to steal a lot of games by himself - he needs good defensive play around him to limit scoring opportunities.

The Faulk deal was just bad in hindsight. I hope the Krug deal doesn't end up the same. I'd feel a lot better right now if we had Petro and Krug, vs. Faulk and Krug plus $2.3MM.