St. Louis Blues 2020-21 Offseason and Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Re: St. Louis Blues 2020-21 Offseason and Season

Post by JCShutout »

Looks like Jan 13th start date. 56 game season.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I'm not thrilled about being shoved into the Western division. LOTS of late night games coming up. UGH. But we'll have hockey again, so YAY!

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Normally I would not be happy about the late starts either but until I find another job, I'm actually somewhat happy about them. Instead of rushing right from work to get home or somewhere to watch the games, I will have a little more time and other than Saturday and Monday, I don't have to be at work until either 11 or noon so I can get extra sleep after the games for now.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I didn’t think about game times. I’m a tick worried this might lose potential young fans who can’t stay up late to listen to or watch games like I could as a kiddo

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

JCShutout wrote:
December 22 20, 6:33 pm
I didn’t think about game times. I’m a tick worried this might lose potential young fans who can’t stay up late to listen to or watch games like I could as a kiddo
My daughter is one of those younger fans who is currently dying for hockey. But she has the sleep cycle of an old lady... I swear... it's kinda funny... but she's going to be pissed for all those late games. You're spot on about this.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Here she is modeling her recent birthday present. She's been asking for a real jersey for a long time. Finally got it! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Also, recently announced ROR is the new Captain. With Steener retiring and Tarasenko's shoulder what it is, I'm quite happy with him as the C.

I'm ready for Jan 13th baby!!!

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Nice jersey. I also got a binnington jersey after the cup win. Last jersey before that was macinnis.

Yeah I saw it leaked a few places that ror was named captain, but the blues finally released it today. Tank, schenn and parayko wear the a.

I get why tank is still wearing it, he’s been an alternate for a few years. Schenn totally deserves it. He’s a beast. Parayko is now the leader of the defense.

I wonder if the fact that Schwartz wasn’t named and parayko was, indicates the blues upcoming contract priorities. (I want both to stay, but I’d agree that with petro gone and zero rd prospects on the way, parayko is far more important, even though I think Schwartz is really important part of this team. (On par with schenn)

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Well you almost always have at least one D man as a captain or alternate, so I am sure that is most of it. I would have said it was a coin flip between Schwartz and Schenn. Schenn probably gets the nod because he brings more of an edge that the others (including Schwartz) do not.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

As for the start times, you guys should try being in the Eastern time zone.

I just found it odd that they put the Stars in the central with the Blues in the west, when the central provides much closer travel and traditional rivals (Blackhawks, Red Wings) for the Blues. Oh well—on the bright side the west looks to be the weakest division, with 4 teams guaranteed to make the playoffs. At first glance the Avs, Knights, and Blues have pretty clear tracks to playoff spots.