JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Re: St. Louis Blues 2020-21 Offseason and Season

Post by JCShutout »

JoeMcKim wrote:
December 29 20, 6:13 am
JCShutout wrote:
December 28 20, 11:33 am
The blues just get it done man. Cup winner? Bring in a top D (Faulk will be better with more consistency), might lose petro, bam! Krug! No tank? Boom! Hoffman.
I think if they pair Faulk with Scandella that'll be a good pairing. It's sucks what happened to Bouwmeester but if that didn't happen they wouldn't have been forced to go get Scandella and he's got a lot more youth on his side than Bouw so it was a situation where the Blues were forced to get a guy with much more upside for the future.
I agree, and I think Faulk will just do better with a year in the syste under his belt, and having a consistent partner, ice time, and just playing the proper side of the damn ice. Oh, and Scandella is another example of Army being proactive. JayBo up in the air? Boom, Marco.

The Blues ownership and GM are what the Cardinals sorely need to be at the moment.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

GeddyWrox wrote:
December 29 20, 1:43 pm
Uh oh. Sounds like Tarasenko's ass is a little chapped about not being named captain.
As part of a wide-ranging interview with the Russian website SPORT24, Blues forward Vladimir Tarasenko expressed disappointment over not being named team captain for the coming season.

“Of course, when you play for eight years at a club and have been an assistant (alternate captain) for a long time, you count on it,” Tarasenko said, via Google Translate. “(Jaden) Schwartz and I have been playing for the longest at St. Louis of the guys on the team now. But the management made a decision, I see no reason to discuss it. There were hopes, but how it happened, it happened. I just have to accept it, go out and play.”

Ryan O’Reilly was named the 23rd captain in team history last week, replacing Alex Pietrangelo after the veteran defenseman signed with the Vegas Golden Knights this offseason in free agency. Pietrangelo had been Blues captain for the past four years.

With the departure of Pietrangelo and Alexander Steen’s retirement, Tarasenko and Schwartz are now the senior members on the roster in terms of continuous service with the Blues. Both were drafted in the first round in 2010 — just two spots apart — and have been with the Blues full-time since the 2012-13 season.
STL TODAY STORY
I was a bit shocked that Schwartz wasn't given an A. Tank is a great player and a face of the franchise, but he just doesn't seem like a captain, and that's NOT an insult. Few players seem that way. (Though again, I'm not in the lockerroom so who knows)

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

In unrelated news, if you, like me, were sad that you either missed out on the Firecracker Press Blues posters for the Winter Classic and 50th Anniversary, and kicked yourself for not buying the one they made for the parade. (Tiny house, where will I put these?) They are back for sale at STL Authentics and are just cool.

https://www.stlauthentics.com/products/ ... ec89&_ss=r

And Yes I finally gave in and got all 3. Now I just need to, like, build some more walls or something.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Dunn signs. $1.875m

mikechamp
Perennial All-Star

Post by mikechamp »

Not Blues-specific, but still relevant to the readers of this thread:
NHL sells naming rights to divisions for 2021 season

In December, the NHL revealed that they are set to allow teams to put sponsors on helmets for the 2021 regular season. The next step in increased advertising efforts for the league came on Tuesday when they announced that the naming rights to divisions were officially being sold off.

For the 2021 season, the four divisions will officially be known as:

Scotia NHL North Division
Honda NHL West Division
Discover NHL Central Division
MassMutual NHL East Division

The league appears to be not too cynical about this whole move considering, according to a report from ESPN, that this campaign is just meant to last for one year. This is the second thing about the divisions this season that will exist for this year only, as they have all been realigned as a result of travel restrictions between the United States and Canada because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

All the Canadian teams, for example, are grouped into the North Division.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl- ... 21-season/

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

While mostly harmless, I still hope that they hold true to it just being for this year. I'm surprised Tim Horton's didn't pony up to name the Canadian division.

I hope this doesn't mean I have to purchase a Honda.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Hoffman signed officially. 1 yr, 4 million.

9 placed on waivers:

Forwards Sam Anas, Jacob de la Rose, Mackenzie MacEachern, Curtis McKenzie and Nathan Walker.

Defensemen: Mitch Reinke, Steven Santini and Jake Walman.

Goalie: Jon Gillies

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Today is the day!!!

FINALLY.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Ugh. It’s not even 7:30 and I’m falling asleep, and the game starts in over 2 hours!

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I made it for the first 2 periods. Was a pretty good start to the season. A few too many penalties, but the offense looked great, D was solid but not spectacular and Binny looked pretty sharp.