St Louis Blues 2021-22 offseason and season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Re: St Louis Blues 2021-22 offseason and season

Post by Leroy »

Not only did they beat them in two games, they had slim chances to win four. I'm not happy about losing, but I'm glad they weren't the disaster Nashville and Edmonton was. Would have been nice to have Krug available, but whateves.

I just don't know what to think about Binner. Sometimes terrible, sometimes awesome. And I don't know what happened to Husso. I would say playoff pressure, but his first game was great.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I’m pretty convinced that the Blues punch past the Avs with Binner.

This is a really good team that got damn close.

I’m intrigued by the off-season. Not a lot of cap space but a lot of guys you could sell high on.

I think Binner has re-wrangled that starting job after looking fantastic in the playoffs. (Plus he has an ntc.)

Husso probably played himself into a solid contract somewhere and the Blues can’t afford much on a backup.

I’d love to see Perron back for 2 years, $5m per (which means he’ll get 3 years, $6m per)

I’d love to see Leddy back at Scandella’s salary, but we couldn’t afford both Leddy and Perron even at those salaries.

Tank has a year left. Ror has a year left. Barbie has a year left. Scandella has 2 years left.

The smart move would probably be to try to sell high on Barbie and Tank and prep for a reload. (I’m assuming they will try to extend ror, though they didn’t extend backes so who knows) With Thomas, Kyrou and Buch, the Blues have legit top line talent around for awhile. Schenn and saad are both around for awhile. That’s a pretty solid 5 for your top 9. Plus multiple firsts and prospects from the deals for Barbie and Tank.

That said, I like this team and I’m not smart. Id keep Ror, Tank and Barbie for one more run. Sign Perron or Leddy and see what happens when some of the kids get another year. See if Barbie continues or turns back into a pumpkin.

Was a great year. So close, though 2019 makes it sting much less.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Bolduc and neighbors look like studs and should be up for good soon

I can see them unload Barbie for cap space and make room but tarasenko only has one year remaining so bet they hold onto him

Def need to resign Perron

I’m cool with letting Husso walk

albertmvpujols
All-Star

Post by albertmvpujols »

Not looking great wrt signing Perron. If Scandella is on the roster next season and Perron signs for a reasonable deal in free agency this is a big blunder by Armstrong.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

if it's a reasonable amount, he would re-sign here.

obv he's not looking for a reasonable amount. and as a 34 year old I can't really blame the blues.

but with a flat cap we could prob only fit 4-6 mil per year with him, and if that's all anyone would offer, then he'd just re-sign here for that amount. if it's over that amount per, IMO it's not reasonable for a 34 year old and he'd have to move on.

I'd hate it, but I'd get it.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Still pretty wild that Perron has never signed a contract with any team but the Blues even though he's been with five franchises. Someone's going to pay him because he's just that damn good on the power play.