sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Blue Jackets Goalie Dies from Chest Trauma from Firework

Post by sighyoung »

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: Blue Jackets Goalie Dies from Chest Trauma from Firework

Post by cardinalkarp »

That’s terrible, but you here stuff like this every year. We were commenting about the size of the fireworks people were shooting off in our subdivision last night.

I don’t mind watching them, but all in all not a big fan of fireworks unless being done at some sort of event done by a professional.

People backyard’ing it and lighting off these massive fireworks is just a recipe for disaster.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

No reason for people to be setting off fireworks. There are plenty of professional shows put on that are better than whatever people are trying to do in their backyard. This is tragic for this young person and his family; but accidental deaths are so often caused by people doing things that they should just not be doing.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I'm as patriotic as anyone, ANYONE!, but I've done fireworks as a kid and probably watched fireworks shows 25 times in my life. Neither does anything for me. I haven't bought any for probably 30 years, and a nice show went off here in Bismarck, ND Sunday from the capital and I didn't watch a second. Parades seem dumb too unless you are a kid scrambling for candy.

It is weird how they said he fell and bumped his head, then changed it.

And as soon as I heard the story I thought about that club scene in John Wick where the Russians are all soaking in the pool, and John shoots the place up.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

Along with that, what's the deal with people celebrating the 4th by shooting up into the air with their guns? I'd read that people had died again this year from those. I didn't even go out the last couple of the 7/4 holidays, because I'm able to hear these types of shots in my area.