RAMS / BENGALS ?!?

A forum for non-baseball sports
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: RAMS / BENGALS ?!?

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Socnorb11 wrote:
February 14 22, 4:14 pm
Actually, we haven't had a white headliner for halftime since 2019. That's perfectly fine, but if white people are complaining today (I haven't seen any, but I'm sure they're out there), then apparently they've been asleep for 3 years.
Black music = hip hop. Never been an all hip hop show. No one said black artists haven't been part of the show.
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
February 14 22, 4:25 pm
50 Cent but no Ice Cube (or any number of other guys, but especially Ice Cube) was a miss. 50 Cent?
Cube isn't vaccinated so how could he have gone? It's a requirement for all indoor venues in CA. Also, not everyone is friends after 30+ years. I thought 50 Cent was cool. Had to give a little east coast love in that show.
Last edited by Big Amoco Sign on February 14 22, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

This is how (not) in touch I am with the rap/hip hop scene, but have Ice and Dre patched things up to the point where they would perform together?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

GeddyWrox wrote:
February 14 22, 4:41 pm
This is how (not) in touch I am with the rap/hip hop scene, but have Ice and Dre patched things up to the point where they would perform together?
They've been spotted together. Did the movie together. When Dre was hospitalized, Ice reached out reportedly.

He's not vaccinated. That's the issue first.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Tupac has performed despite the notable handicap of being dead. If they could figure that out maybe they could do something with Ice Cube.

Seriously however, though Ice Cube felt like a conspicuous absence (I didn’t think of the vaccine), what I really would want is no 50 Cent. I really think he sucks. Him and Ma$e should do an album together and sell it to Martin Shkrelli, because that in a just world is what he would get instead of Wu Tang. Any other rapper would have been better.

I really did enjoy the show though. Anderson Paak getting so lit up to play drums on Lose Yourself was a cool moment.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I felt like it was good as is. Can add more artists all day but then that saturates it. It was fine without Cube. It was more of Dre/Snoop’s type of crowd than Cube’s with the lineup anyways. Thought Method Man might pop out if anyone because MJB.

Ice is also weird lately. Probably a turn off to the other guys.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Too bad they didn't invite Nelly. Nelly in a Rams jersey finishing with a "[expletive] Stan Kroenke" would have been fun.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

obucard wrote:
February 15 22, 1:32 pm
Too bad they didn't invite Nelly. Nelly in a Rams jersey finishing with a "[expletive] Stan Kroenke" would have been fun.
Nelly will never be invited to the big stage with that assault allegation over his head.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Nelly has also already performed at a Super Bowl, albeit not as a headlining act.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I spent as much time watching the halftime show as I did watching the big game. Zero hours, zero minutes, zero seconds.

Not to make a point or anything, just completely not interested in any of it.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »