RAMS / BENGALS ?!?

A forum for non-baseball sports
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: RAMS / BENGALS ?!?

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Joe Burrow seems cool as hell. Hard not to root for him. [expletive] Kroenke as always.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
January 31 22, 4:08 pm
Joe Burrow seems cool as hell. Hard not to root for him. [expletive] Kroenke as always.
Yeah, I like Burrow a lot.

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

Halftime was great, but you really feel for football fans, because as good as a Super Bowl can be, I don't see how it can compete to the week and a half of delicious anxiety delivered by a back and forth seven game World Series, especially to fans of the teams in the shindig.

Do your insides feel like they are going to be on your outsides for over a week straight in your sport's championship?

If not, then why bother?

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Donnie Ebert wrote:
February 13 22, 8:34 pm
Halftime was great, but you really feel for football fans, because as good as a Super Bowl can be, I don't see how it can compete to the week and a half of delicious anxiety delivered by a back and forth seven game World Series, especially to fans of the teams in the shindig.

Do your insides feel like they are going to be on your outsides for over a week straight in your sport's championship?

If not, then why bother?
I love both.

With regard to the halftime show, the NFL needs to decide whether they're OK with things like homophobia and misogyny, or not. They can't have it both ways.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I didn't know there was a controversy around eminem kneeling but when I saw it, I was like....AHHHHHH HAHAHA that has to be in defiance of the NFL because no way 1) he would do that for no reason and 2) no way the NFL wanted him to do that. Turns out I was dead on and good dell specifically told him not to do it. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHHAAHAHAH Glad to see it.

And, even with that, dre and snoop were still the stars of the show. Honestly, would have rather watched those two perform than the first half. Or the second half.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

I'm not sure if the league cared one way or another about Eminem kneeling. They've had players kneeling for years.

"N.F.L. Was ‘Aware’ Eminem Planned to Kneel During Halftime Show - The New York Times" https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/13/spor ... ftime.html

I thought it was just part of his choreography, but good for him.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

This is what I was going off of @Socnorb11

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/eminem-k ... 8e00284b12

Maybe they didn't, but that would be out of character for an organization with their track record imo

Superorganism
Veteran Player

Post by Superorganism »

[expletive] Kroenke!

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
February 13 22, 10:19 pm
This is what I was going off of @Socnorb11

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/eminem-k ... 8e00284b12

Maybe they didn't, but that would be out of character for an organization with their track record imo

Yeah, I had seen the reports. I don't think the NFL is dumb enough to make it an issue, but who knows. The original "firestorm" wasn't so much about kneeling, in general. It was about kneeling during the national anthem, which doesn't really come into play here.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Best halftime show ever. Period. That was so [expletive] cool.

Took us to 2022 to get hip hop on the big stage. Sad. But hell of a show!