Darryl Lamonica RIP

A forum for non-baseball sports
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Darryl Lamonica RIP

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Oakland Raiders QB of the late 60's, early 70's. My first football idol. I loved those silver and black jerseys. Even though I was a kid in Peoria, IL the Raiders became my team.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Re: Darryl Lamonica RIP

Post by Leroy »

I don't really know much about him other than his nickname. Stabler was my first Raider QB. I have some research to do.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
April 21 22, 8:52 pm
Oakland Raiders QB of the late 60's, early 70's. My first football idol. I loved those silver and black jerseys. Even though I was a kid in Peoria, IL the Raiders became my team.
I didn't know you were from Peoria. I was over in Morton, pretending to be Fred Biletnikoff making the catch before getting to the street. Lamonica was cool!

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Richie Allen wrote:
April 25 22, 6:08 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
I didn't know you were from Peoria. I was over in Morton, pretending to be Fred Biletnikoff making the catch before getting to the street. Lamonica was cool!
Hey Richie. I missed this back in April and saw it because of the bot bump. lol.

We lived in Peoria from 1964 to 1968. Kindergarten through 3rd grade. My father was a minister at First Presbyterian downtown. Lived in Rolling Acres and an old Victorian on Columbia Terrace. That's all I really remember.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
January 31 23, 5:27 am
Richie Allen wrote:
April 25 22, 6:08 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Hey Richie. I missed this back in April and saw it because of the bot bump. lol.

We lived in Peoria from 1964 to 1968. Kindergarten through 3rd grade. My father was a minister at First Presbyterian downtown. Lived in Rolling Acres and an old Victorian on Columbia Terrace. That's all I really remember.
Columbia Terrace. Cool! My wife grew up on Garfield, just off Main around the corner from my favorite 70s hangout, Coop Records. We're in Peoria now, a few miles from Rolling Acres, in the Weaver Ridge neighborhood (5th hole). I never go into Rolling Acres because I can't ever get out of that place without getting lost. Where are you at these days, if you don't mind my asking?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Richie Allen wrote:
January 31 23, 6:18 pm
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
January 31 23, 5:27 am

Columbia Terrace. Cool! My wife grew up on Garfield, just off Main around the corner from my favorite 70s hangout, Coop Records. We're in Peoria now, a few miles from Rolling Acres, in the Weaver Ridge neighborhood (5th hole). I never go into Rolling Acres because I can't ever get out of that place without getting lost. Where are you at these days, if you don't mind my asking?
I remember the winding streets! Knew enough to get to and from school. :-)

When the family left Peoria in '68, we settled into upstate NY and after college it's been all over the country for me. Now settled into southern Oregon near Medford and don't see ever leaving.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Oh, that's right. I think I knew that, concerning Oregon. Not a bad place to call home!