MrCrowesGarden wrote:
July 20 22, 2:28 pm
cardsfantx wrote:
July 20 22, 2:06 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
July 20 22, 1:47 pm
Yes he is.

And it would take Kyrou at a minimum.
Lol, well there’s no point in responding further if you make a completely dumb statement that MT is one of the top 5 players in the NHL, then double down on it…he’s not even in the conversation.

But yes it would take kyrou, which why it shouldn’t happen.
Sure he is. Look at the damn charts, dude.

just quickly off the top of my head Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Gaudreau, Makar, Mackinnon, Kaprizov, Stamkos are all better and there's a lot more. you don't need to a chart to tell you who are the top players in the NHL.

if you tell anyone who knows hockey, that MT is one of the top 5 NHL players right now, they wouldn't be able to contain their laughter

now this will be the last time I respond as that's a stupid statment for you to make

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Re: St. Louis Blues Offseason and Season 2022-23

Post by letsgocards89 »

Well dangit maybe I'm also wrong

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I could be persuaded into thinking top 5 forward. Across all players, you have at least McDavid, Makar, Matthews, Kaprizov clearly ahead of him, then there's enough players arguably ahead of him that I wouldn't put him top 5. I'd say top 10, maybe.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Popeye_Card wrote:
July 20 22, 3:14 pm
I could be persuaded into thinking top 5 forward. Across all players, you have at least McDavid, Makar, Matthews, Kaprizov clearly ahead of him, then there's enough players arguably ahead of him that I wouldn't put him top 5. I'd say top 10, maybe.
I wouldn’t even have him near that.

He was just a good player till last year when they moved him up to the top line and moved him to RW as Gaudreau played LW. Without Gaudreau his numbers will regress to prev seasons, which are still good, but nowhere near the top of the NHL.

albertmvpujols
All-Star

Post by albertmvpujols »

I wouldn't have him in my top 10 current players or in my top 5 forwards, but I personally value wingers considerably less than centers and defensemen. I think we are arguing semantics. He's an extraordinarily good player. I think you can make an argument that he's the top winger in the game, but you can get arguments for guys like Draisatl (though he plays center as well), Huberdeau, Kucherov, Kaprizov, etc. I wouldn't think twice about taking him over a guy like Gaudreau due to the non-scoring aspects of his game that Gaudreau just doesn't have. Although Tkachuk disappeared in last years playoffs I think he has the type of game that should excel in the playoffs. I'd give up Kyrou for him mostly because we wouldn't be able to pay both of them anyway. I'd probably prefer standing pat and utilizing resources on a LD that can play defense though. We really missed the boat on Hampus Lindholm at the TDL imo.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

The Blues would have to shed salary to make anything work. You could swap Tarasenko in the near term, but likely would also need to move somebody like Krug to fit him in longer term.

I’d love to have him, and I think the Blues can make the talent side of a trade work. I just don’t know if they can do both talent and salary without sacrificing more than we are gaining.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Popeye_Card wrote:
July 20 22, 3:54 pm
The Blues would have to shed salary to make anything work. You could swap Tarasenko in the near term, but likely would also need to move somebody like Krug to fit him in longer term.

I’d love to have him, and I think the Blues can make the talent side of a trade work. I just don’t know if they can do both talent and salary without sacrificing more than we are gaining.
Tarasenko and Krug both have NTC and doubt either waive them to go to Calgary, so I don’t see how we could shed enough salary to make it work this season anyways?

You’d prob have to move one or both of them in a separate deal to somewhere they’d accept a trade to, for salary relief/prospects

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

cardsfantx wrote:
July 20 22, 2:37 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
July 20 22, 2:28 pm
cardsfantx wrote:
July 20 22, 2:06 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
July 20 22, 1:47 pm
Yes he is.

And it would take Kyrou at a minimum.
Lol, well there’s no point in responding further if you make a completely dumb statement that MT is one of the top 5 players in the NHL, then double down on it…he’s not even in the conversation.

But yes it would take kyrou, which why it shouldn’t happen.
Sure he is. Look at the damn charts, dude.

just quickly off the top of my head Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Gaudreau, Makar, Mackinnon, Kaprizov, Stamkos are all better and there's a lot more. you don't need to a chart to tell you who are the top players in the NHL.

if you tell anyone who knows hockey, that MT is one of the top 5 NHL players right now, they wouldn't be able to contain their laughter

now this will be the last time I respond as that's a stupid statment for you to make
I mean you could look at where it says “isolated impact” but you won’t but hey I guess you “know hockey”

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

I just learned that "shootiness" is now a word.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Anyone who thought it wasn’t going to cost a lot to get Tkachuk was wrong