Re: EAT [expletive] BAMA

Post by Lesson »

go birds wrote:
October 21 22, 9:49 am
Lesson wrote:
October 21 22, 9:41 am
go birds wrote:
October 21 22, 7:57 am
oh im fully aware of the situation but i always find it a weird hill to die on. schiano is a scumbag and tennessee wanted no part of that situation.
Making up awful accusations about someone as way to not hire someone for a job is a pretty awful thing to do.

I'm still not sold on Heupel long term (look at his success at UCF, they got worse each season).
since youre currently working on your phd, i can only assume that you can't actually be this stupid
Well, I quit it.

And yes, I am that stupid and stand by my statement.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Lesson wrote:
October 21 22, 10:33 am
go birds wrote:
October 21 22, 9:49 am
Lesson wrote:
October 21 22, 9:41 am
go birds wrote:
October 21 22, 7:57 am
oh im fully aware of the situation but i always find it a weird hill to die on. schiano is a scumbag and tennessee wanted no part of that situation.
Making up awful accusations about someone as way to not hire someone for a job is a pretty awful thing to do.

I'm still not sold on Heupel long term (look at his success at UCF, they got worse each season).
since youre currently working on your phd, i can only assume that you can't actually be this stupid
Well, I quit it.

And yes, I am that stupid and stand by my statement.
the accusations weren't made up though. tennessee didn't want to attach themselves to that. especially after everything the fans had been put thru for the previous decade. overreaction perhaps but the fans were fed up and revolted. there's a reason why schiano could only get a head coaching job with rutgers.

with regards to heupel--he's literally got them in playoff contention in YEAR 2 with a bunch of previous coaches players and AFTER a bunch of blue chip players were shoved out of the program AND scholly reductions. So he's doing all this with patchwork roster. It's nothing short of a miracle.

Next year will be a transition year, but he's got the top QB in nation coming in (arch manning is overrated) and a bunch of blue chip defensive prospects being added. I think heupel will be just fine since he's a QB whisperer (he got drew lock drafted).

anyway, the vols will beat the cats by 2 touchdowns this week and then barnes will draft cal across the basketball court in a couple months. it is what it is.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

go birds wrote:
October 25 22, 12:54 pm

the accusations weren't made up though. tennessee didn't want to attach themselves to that. especially after everything the fans had been put thru for the previous decade. overreaction perhaps but the fans were fed up and revolted. there's a reason why schiano could only get a head coaching job with rutgers.

with regards to heupel--he's literally got them in playoff contention in YEAR 2 with a bunch of previous coaches players and AFTER a bunch of blue chip players were shoved out of the program AND scholly reductions. So he's doing all this with patchwork roster. It's nothing short of a miracle.

Next year will be a transition year, but he's got the top QB in nation coming in (arch manning is overrated) and a bunch of blue chip defensive prospects being added. I think heupel will be just fine since he's a QB whisperer (he got drew lock drafted).

anyway, the vols will beat the cats by 2 touchdowns this week and then barnes will draft cal across the basketball court in a couple months. it is what it is.
There was no substantiation to the claim and Schiano's never been faulted for any wrong doing. If someone view him culpable since he was at Penn St., I understand, but there was never any merits or facts beyond McQueary saying he thinks he knew.

I get why people would not want to be associated with Schiano, but how the fanbase basically for the administration to back track was crazy.

What Heupel is doing is impressive, yes, but he hasn't shown if his success is sustainable along with his development, which is why I err on crowning him given how he did at UCF. If Heupel is such a great coach, why'd he choose Milton over Hooker last year?

We'll see if UT beats UK by 2 touchdowns or wins at all. I think UK matches up well with UT very well.

Also, with regards to Calipari vs Barnes, regular season doesn't matter. Tennessee has a worse win percentage against Kentucky in basketball than Kentucky does vs Tennessee in football. And unlike Tennessee, Kentucky is one of a handful of programs that can actually make it deep in March while Tennessee never has.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Lesson wrote:
October 25 22, 1:19 pm
go birds wrote:
October 25 22, 12:54 pm

There was no substantiation to the claim and Schiano's never been faulted for any wrong doing. If someone view him culpable since he was at Penn St., I understand, but there was never any merits or facts beyond McQueary saying he thinks he knew.

I get why people would not want to be associated with Schiano, but how the fanbase basically for the administration to back track was crazy.

What Heupel is doing is impressive, yes, but he hasn't shown if his success is sustainable along with his development, which is why I err on crowning him given how he did at UCF. If Heupel is such a great coach, why'd he choose Milton over Hooker last year?

We'll see if UT beats UK by 2 touchdowns or wins at all. I think UK matches up well with UT very well.

Also, with regards to Calipari vs Barnes, regular season doesn't matter. Tennessee has a worse win percentage against Kentucky in basketball than Kentucky does vs Tennessee in football. And unlike Tennessee, Kentucky is one of a handful of programs that can actually make it deep in March while Tennessee never has.
not really sure you can draw any conclusions from heupel at UCF considering 1 of his three years was covid year. but i mean...ok. again he has literally resurrected a football program that was dead and buried in his second year.

he chose milton over hooker because hendon hooker wasn't his guy. heupel brought milton in, so they were gonna go with their guy. milton was a highly recruited player that came from michigan so it was reasonable to assume he had the talent to be an SEC QB. one thing heupel did that not a lot of coaches would do was to actualyl go with hooker over his guy once he realized milton wasn't the answer.

UT will destroy Kentucky in the trenches. it won't be much of a contest. i'll be surprised if levis makes it through the entire game.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

go birds wrote:
October 25 22, 1:55 pm

not really sure you can draw any conclusions from heupel at UCF considering 1 of his three years was covid year. but i mean...ok. again he has literally resurrected a football program that was dead and buried in his second year.

he chose milton over hooker because hendon hooker wasn't his guy. heupel brought milton in, so they were gonna go with their guy. milton was a highly recruited player that came from michigan so it was reasonable to assume he had the talent to be an SEC QB. one thing heupel did that not a lot of coaches would do was to actualyl go with hooker over his guy once he realized milton wasn't the answer.

UT will destroy Kentucky in the trenches. it won't be much of a contest. i'll be surprised if levis makes it through the entire game.
By that logic, Pruitt shouldn’t have been fired after year 3 since it was the COVID year… He wouldn’t have been fired if Fulmer wasn’t forced out and the administration intentionally started an investigation to find a way to get him out without paying him.

Sure, you can give Heupel credit for switching after Milton went down and sticking with him, but fact is he made the evaluation before that Milton>Hooker (and yes, I was aware of Hooker beforehand because Kentucky beat him with a WR at QB) along with his teams declining after the QBs he inherited at UCF are why I’m bearish on him.

Kentucky faced a better defense than Tennessee’s against Mississippi State and did fine. The issue Tennessee will face defensively will be stopping Rodriguez. If they can’t, that will give Kentucky opportunities to take shots provided they protect Levis.

Additionally, I think the defense matches up very well vs UT given 2 weeks to prepare and rest. I’d take Kentucky’s defense over everyone’s but Georgia’s in the SEC currently. They won’t let Hooker have the same looks he did vs Alabama in the secondary or in the middle of the field with LBs.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Lesson wrote:
October 25 22, 2:08 pm
go birds wrote:
October 25 22, 1:55 pm

By that logic, Pruitt shouldn’t have been fired after year 3 since it was the COVID year… He wouldn’t have been fired if Fulmer wasn’t forced out and the administration intentionally started an investigation to find a way to get him out without paying him.

Sure, you can give Heupel credit for switching after Milton went down and sticking with him, but fact is he made the evaluation before that Milton>Hooker (and yes, I was aware of Hooker beforehand because Kentucky beat him with a WR at QB) along with his teams declining after the QBs he inherited at UCF are why I’m bearish on him.

Kentucky faced a better defense than Tennessee’s against Mississippi State and did fine. The issue Tennessee will face defensively will be stopping Rodriguez. If they can’t, that will give Kentucky opportunities to take shots provided they protect Levis.

Additionally, I think the defense matches up very well vs UT given 2 weeks to prepare and rest. I’d take Kentucky’s defense over everyone’s but Georgia’s in the SEC currently. They won’t let Hooker have the same looks he did vs Alabama in the secondary or in the middle of the field with LBs.
i feel like youre grasping for straws here. comparing heupel's tenure with pruitt's tenure is apples to oranges so i'm not even going to get into that aspect. you're free be skeptical, but it's misguided considering what hes currently doing and the recruits hes bringing in.

heupel was hired on january 27. the 1st national signing day had passed and next one was a couple weeks away, leaving him no time to recruit. he probably looked at his QB room and was like "i need to bring in another guy", which who could blame him because his choices at the time were pretty bad. the thing about milton was that he was a great practice QB so who could blame him for going into the season with him.

bama had the #2 defense in the nation coming into the game with arguably the greatest game planner in the sport and all tennessee did was hung the most points on them theyve had hung on them in 100 years. sorry but i'm not afraid of kentucky's defense.

also, tennesee's defense overall is pretty bad, but that's because they shut down the run and then use a bend don't break passing defense. #7 in the nation against the run.

btw, stoops is 5-6 after the bye.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

go birds wrote:
October 25 22, 3:48 pm

i feel like youre grasping for straws here. comparing heupel's tenure with pruitt's tenure is apples to oranges so i'm not even going to get into that aspect. you're free be skeptical, but it's misguided considering what hes currently doing and the recruits hes bringing in.

heupel was hired on january 27. the 1st national signing day had passed and next one was a couple weeks away, leaving him no time to recruit. he probably looked at his QB room and was like "i need to bring in another guy", which who could blame him because his choices at the time were pretty bad. the thing about milton was that he was a great practice QB so who could blame him for going into the season with him.

bama had the #2 defense in the nation coming into the game with arguably the greatest game planner in the sport and all tennessee did was hung the most points on them theyve had hung on them in 100 years. sorry but i'm not afraid of kentucky's defense.

also, tennesee's defense overall is pretty bad, but that's because they shut down the run and then use a bend don't break passing defense. #7 in the nation against the run.

He hasn't shown he can win and recruit with his own guys, both at Tennessee and UCF. It's great that he's doing it with Hooker and did with Frost's recruits, but after Frost's guys left, they went 6-4.

I understand Milton won and beat out Hooker in practice. But that's such a huge oversight by a staff to not start the best player from Day 1 given that he still had all of camp to evaluate.

Kentucky currently has arguably one of the best, if not the, best pass defenses in the SEC. They have the highest rated pass efficiency of any defense in the SEC. Kentucky's scheme is also similar to Georgia's (not a lot of blitzing) and more zone. Not necessarily the same level of personnel, but same idea.
Tennessee won't put up more than 30-35 points Saturday given how Kentucky plays at a slow tempo offensively and are not structured to win shootouts.

Gibbs still put up over 100 yards on the ground. Rodriguez isn't as versatile as Gibbs in the passing game, but he's one of the more successful RBs at falling forward for yardage and not getting tackled for a loss in the SEC.

If you're going talk about the tire fire Heupel inherited, then it's also worth noting what Stoops took over with regards to his record after a bye. He inherited a 2 win team before matching or improving the previous season's win total 5 years in a row. Members of his staff openly said that the players on their early rosters were MAC caliber.

Kentucky may not win, but the Vols aren't dropping a 50 burger and I'd be shocked if Kentucky doesn't at least cover if they don't win.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Lesson wrote:
October 25 22, 4:14 pm
go birds wrote:
October 25 22, 3:48 pm

He hasn't shown he can win and recruit with his own guys, both at Tennessee and UCF. It's great that he's doing it with Hooker and did with Frost's recruits, but after Frost's guys left, they went 6-4.

I understand Milton won and beat out Hooker in practice. But that's such a huge oversight by a staff to not start the best player from Day 1 given that he still had all of camp to evaluate.

Kentucky currently has arguably one of the best, if not the, best pass defenses in the SEC. They have the highest rated pass efficiency of any defense in the SEC. Kentucky's scheme is also similar to Georgia's (not a lot of blitzing) and more zone. Not necessarily the same level of personnel, but same idea.
Tennessee won't put up more than 30-35 points Saturday given how Kentucky plays at a slow tempo offensively and are not structured to win shootouts.

Gibbs still put up over 100 yards on the ground. Rodriguez isn't as versatile as Gibbs in the passing game, but he's one of the more successful RBs at falling forward for yardage and not getting tackled for a loss in the SEC.

If you're going talk about the tire fire Heupel inherited, then it's also worth noting what Stoops took over with regards to his record after a bye. He inherited a 2 win team before matching or improving the previous season's win total 5 years in a row. Members of his staff openly said that the players on their early rosters were MAC caliber.

Kentucky may not win, but the Vols aren't dropping a 50 burger and I'd be shocked if Kentucky doesn't at least cover if they don't win.
i'm done debating the whole heupel as a head coach thing because i feel like you don't know what youre talking about. as i mentioned, they've got the top QB in the nation (or in the least one of the top QBs) coming, along with some very nice defensive players. Recruiting and defense was the concern with heupel from day 1 and he is currently proving to have some bit of success in both areas.

the key to college football is having a QB that can play--that's the formula this day in age. It's no longer defense. All the top teams have a QB that can play.

with regards to the cats, none of what you're saying is going to matter. i fully expect the cats put up points against this defense...thats what good teams are going to do.

the issue is that they will not be able to keep up with the offense. unfortunately for you, levis is not bryce young and rodiguez is not gibbs.

it's not meant to be a knock on either player...it just is what it is. The only way the cats win is if hooker gets injured.

the cats are a nice team--i'm not necessarily overlooking them but i still think the vols win by 2 touchdowns in what will prolly be a high scoring game because thats who these things shake out.

Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat

Post by Lesson »

go birds wrote:
October 26 22, 9:23 am

i'm done debating the whole heupel as a head coach thing because i feel like you don't know what youre talking about. as i mentioned, they've got the top QB in the nation (or in the least one of the top QBs) coming, along with some very nice defensive players. Recruiting and defense was the concern with heupel from day 1 and he is currently proving to have some bit of success in both areas.

the key to college football is having a QB that can play--that's the formula this day in age. It's no longer defense. All the top teams have a QB that can play.

with regards to the cats, none of what you're saying is going to matter. i fully expect the cats put up points against this defense...thats what good teams are going to do.

the issue is that they will not be able to keep up with the offense. unfortunately for you, levis is not bryce young and rodiguez is not gibbs.

it's not meant to be a knock on either player...it just is what it is. The only way the cats win is if hooker gets injured.

the cats are a nice team--i'm not necessarily overlooking them but i still think the vols win by 2 touchdowns in what will prolly be a high scoring game because thats who these things shake out.

You reserve the right to have your opinion on Heupel as I am mine. We'll see what he does long-term. :)

Georgia just won a title with a former walk-on QB last year, so defense still does matter. I think modernized offenses are more important than before, though. Saban's early Alabama teams would get steam-rolled if they ran that style of offense today.

You're right, Levis isn't Young and Rodriguez isn't Gibbs. Young is better than Levis and I think Rodriguez is a much better running back than Gibbs. I'd also argue Kentucky has one of the most talented WR corps in the country (including Nashville's own Barion Brown). The matchup between Kentucky's OL and Tennessee's DL will be one of the most important ones.

I don't think Hooker getting injured is the only way Kentucky wins. Being efficient in the red zone, sustaining drives, and mitigating the damage Hooker does are how Kentucky wins.

And I don't think this will be that high scoring. I don't anticipate either team to top 31ish points. Kentucky plays at such a slow tempo that I'd find it unlikely we'll see a similar result to last year in terms of a shootout (secondary is playing way better than it did in 2021).

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Should be notes. Kentucky sucks.