Re: 2022-23 NBA Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
December 8 22, 4:33 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
December 8 22, 1:46 pm
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
December 8 22, 12:38 pm
Pretty cool to see Lil' Manute come good. Thought it wouldn't happen after he slid so far in the draft and bounced around a bit. His dad was a cultural legend of nearly Sabonisian impact. That family has come a long way from goat farming.

Also really happy to see Zion holding up. I'm sure MCG would prefer I say nothing. I really hope he can put injuries behind him. What a unique talent, and ass.
First place Pels, baby! And yeah, Zion has really hit another gear the last week or so. When he's not getting the TOO STRONG treatment like Shaq, he's virtually unstoppable.
That too strong piece is a little frustrating. The Blazers played him pretty cynically. But the problem is even when they weren’t fouling him on purpose they were unable to not foul him.
It has really seemed to escalate over the past few games, though I think he's gotten 10+ free throw attempts in consecutive games for the first time in his career in the last two. I know the Pelicans would love some consistency in the foul calls, but I have to imagine other teams would too. Deandre Jordan got a Flagrant 1 on what should've been a common foul, he wrapped up Zion but immediately let go. Meanwhile, the Pistons wrapped him harder and actually threw him to the ground, and it's just a common foul. Make it make sense.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I am glad not to play the Utah Jazz for the rest of the season. Lauri Markkanen quickly climbed my ranks of favorite non-star player in the league, but I don't know if there's a player I dislike more than Kelly Olynyk.

The Pelicans have to figure out what they are doing or not doing with Jonas Valanciunas. I realize he's really the 4th option on a fully healthy squad, but he's not closing out games right now, and I don't get it. There are times he should absolutely be on the floor to either eat against small ball lineups or to rebound when the other bigs are in.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

It was nice to finally see Zion get officiated the way he should, which then led to D'Angelo Russell ranting in a way that I can only translate to "cry more."

West is going to be interesting to watch the rest of the way. Pels, Suns, Grizz and Nugs will probably all rotate in and out of the 1 spot most of the year, and the KANGZ look like they'll finally end that postseason drought?

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

thrill wrote:
December 31 22, 12:29 pm

My wife loved this one.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Joker making a case for threepeating as MVP. Nuggs with a statement win over Boston tonight.

If Malone can get his team to defend consistently, I like their chances against everyone. That's not a given though.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

The Blazers have lots of problems. Not least among them; I’m pretty sure Chauncey Billups sucks.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

The suns haven’t been relevant enough for most casuals to notice, but they are a cursed franchise. KD’s ankle is yet more evidence. Every time they look like title favorites, something bad happens.