2022 World Cup

A forum for non-baseball sports
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: 2022 World Cup

Post by thrill »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
December 15 22, 11:25 am
Is Claudio important beyond being a USMNT vet?
He's the Sporting Director of Austin FC. Acquired GGG's son via loan to get him more playing time during their expansion season. He was seemingly close with GGG for decades after being teammates on the MNT.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Oh that is juicy. The talented sons has a Shakespearean angle. Making [expletive] up seems unlikely to me, but maybe. At the very least Berhalter aired dirty laundry--as Gio pointed out.

Even the most MLS-sympathetic voices who might want their guy there seem to think Berhalter is probably out, it seems. I hate to see him trip over his ass on the way out and damn his future. Maybe this can be cleaned up.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I think he'll be OK. The types of clubs he could probably get hired by in Europe don't have Gio Reyna's on their rosters to worry about. Got to get a big job to have access to that kind of high maintenance talent. He's guaranteed an MLS job, and a good one, somewhere. He'll be fine. I'm pretty thrilled he blew up his spot with the MNT, because I think they wanted him to stay before all of this.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

woah

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

That was the best final I’ve ever seen in any sport.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Sergio Aguero and Macron both know exactly where the cameras are and how to get on them.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

I've been too lazy and then entertained to put Fox Sports on my bedroom tv. So I've been watching the early games on Telemundo. I wish I would have been consistent with my laziness and not moved from bedroom to living room for extra time today. Local boy John Strong's got nothing on the Spanish crew. He's like caffeine free Coke in relativity.

I am still opposed to shootouts in principle. But I don't know how else you settle that game.

What a great final.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Really entertaining game. I had to do something for the kids around the 75 minute mark...oops. Came back and was like...wait, 2-2. Crazy. Crazy OT.

Hated to see it go to penalties to decide it, but whatever. What a great game.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Tambourine Man wrote:
November 27 22, 11:17 am
thrill wrote:
November 27 22, 11:13 am
Tambourine Man wrote:
November 27 22, 10:58 am
Rumors of Messi signing with Miami...Yes, please.
As a man contemplating inter Miami season tix, I am nervous about availability and cost, but extremely excited about future resale value and going to watch deandre yedlin (and Messi) in person. Just gotta get a real coach down there. Tata Martino X Messi reunited would be perfect.
I'd say the time for contemplating is over. Totally go for it. Suarez has been mentioned as well.
Two season tix secured for under $1,000. I'm behind one of the goals, so not the greatest seats, but I'm still pumped. MLS schedule drops tomorrow.

ANNOUNCE MESSI YOU COWARDS!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I like that STL City is trying to make their branding as cardinals as possible