Strip Clubs

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Michael
GRB Founder

Re: Strip Clubs

Post by Michael »

Strip Clubs are depressing. The're full of bored women and lonely guys looking to talk to women.

Hudler
All-Star

Post by Hudler »

haltz wrote:
maddash wrote:If you ever want to score some nose candy, become friends with a stripper.
And vice versa, or something.

I got propositioned outside of a strip club last year. I was drunk and thought that this normal looking girl was hitting on me as soon as I walked out of the building, but it turns out it was going to cost $80 to continue the conversation at her place, so I politely declined. Good thinking on her part to set up shop there though.

The time before that I got kicked out of the really shady strip club in Columbia. My friend and I were the only people in there (or by this particular stage anyway) and he told the girl that if she [I don't know how to make this board-friendly so use your imagination - she apparently thought a dollar was worth a lot] on stage that he'd give her a dollar. Well, she did and he rolled four quarters onto the stage, which I guess is a strip club faux pas. She got offended and pitched a fit, and I came over to see what was going on just in time to get tossed when I admitted that I knew him.

Every time I go something weird happens.
Would that be in Club Vogue or Regina's Caberet?

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Hudler wrote:Would that be in Club Vogue or Regina's Caberet?
Regina's. I couldn't remember the name of it so I thought I'd just go with "the really shady" one but that's true for Vogue, and all strip clubs really.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

maddash wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
maddash wrote:Strip clubs are great, but I agree that you gotta watch your pennys. I've never been much for the lap dance, so there's a ton of money that stays in your pocket right off the bat. I've also been a big fan of getting in for free. I have an old firefighters ID I use to avoid cover charges, and the drinks (as long as you pace yourself) aren't that bad.

I'm either a fan of the budget strip clubs - that have a charm all to their own, or I'm a fan of finding a girl who actually knows how to perform. There are lots of dancers that just shake their moneymaker for a buck, but there are others who are actually good dancers that can put on a sensual performance. It's actually a thing of beauty to watch (even if the girl isn't the most attractive in the club). Women are beautiful, and if one or two of them can put on a cabaret-style performance, I'm more than willing to shell out a few bucks for that. As long as I keep it down to one or two trips a year with the buddies, the little lady doesn't mind that much either.... obviously as long as there's no touching (which I've never been a fan of anyway).
What elitist strip clubs are you going to where beautiful women dance sensually and tastefully? All the ones I've ever seen have a bunch of bored looking women who are spread eagle within about 30 seconds of walking on stage.
They're a rare treat, that's for sure, but I believe I've become a bit of a connoisseur. I feel that strippers have their own terroir (look it up) and it's just a matter of spotting it. The traits I've found are 30+ years old, no scars, a mature stripper fashion sense (you'll know it when you see it), and shorter hair. There's something about that combination that creates a dancer who's outgoing and into the stripper "culture" - they're not there just for the money, they're there to showcase their talent.

Some of the upscale clubs in St. Louis have them, but that's like going to a MLB game to see pro ball. The real joy is going to a dive club and finding a diamond in the rough. I think I could scratch out a living as a stripper scout.
LOL. Creepiest post in GRB history.

maddash
is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony

Post by maddash »

G. Keenan wrote:
maddash wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
maddash wrote:Strip clubs are great, but I agree that you gotta watch your pennys. I've never been much for the lap dance, so there's a ton of money that stays in your pocket right off the bat. I've also been a big fan of getting in for free. I have an old firefighters ID I use to avoid cover charges, and the drinks (as long as you pace yourself) aren't that bad.

I'm either a fan of the budget strip clubs - that have a charm all to their own, or I'm a fan of finding a girl who actually knows how to perform. There are lots of dancers that just shake their moneymaker for a buck, but there are others who are actually good dancers that can put on a sensual performance. It's actually a thing of beauty to watch (even if the girl isn't the most attractive in the club). Women are beautiful, and if one or two of them can put on a cabaret-style performance, I'm more than willing to shell out a few bucks for that. As long as I keep it down to one or two trips a year with the buddies, the little lady doesn't mind that much either.... obviously as long as there's no touching (which I've never been a fan of anyway).
What elitist strip clubs are you going to where beautiful women dance sensually and tastefully? All the ones I've ever seen have a bunch of bored looking women who are spread eagle within about 30 seconds of walking on stage.
They're a rare treat, that's for sure, but I believe I've become a bit of a connoisseur. I feel that strippers have their own terroir (look it up) and it's just a matter of spotting it. The traits I've found are 30+ years old, no scars, a mature stripper fashion sense (you'll know it when you see it), and shorter hair. There's something about that combination that creates a dancer who's outgoing and into the stripper "culture" - they're not there just for the money, they're there to showcase their talent.

Some of the upscale clubs in St. Louis have them, but that's like going to a MLB game to see pro ball. The real joy is going to a dive club and finding a diamond in the rough. I think I could scratch out a living as a stripper scout.
Creepiest? No way. I didn't even mention that I was the one who discovered Diablo Cody.

G. Keenan

Post by G. Keenan »

maddash wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
maddash wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Creepiest? No way. I didn't even mention that I was the one who discovered Diablo Cody.
Seriously, how's your skin suit coming along?

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

jim wrote:
maddash wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

My friend m1ironmik hired a heroine addict for my bachelor party. I don't think she had any terroir, or maybe she had alot because I'm too lazy to look it up and find out on my own whether it's good or bad. But she had plenty of bruises and scars.

She wasn't in it just for the money though, that I'll give her. I think mainly it was the heroine.
She wasnt a heroin addict just inexperienced and ugly. Plus I am quite sure you don't want to share the rest of that story!!!

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

G. Keenan wrote:
maddash wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
maddash wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Seriously, how's your skin suit coming along?
now thats funny!!!!

G. Keenan

Post by G. Keenan »

M1IRONMIKE wrote:
jim wrote:
maddash wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

My friend m1ironmik hired a heroine addict for my bachelor party. I don't think she had any terroir, or maybe she had alot because I'm too lazy to look it up and find out on my own whether it's good or bad. But she had plenty of bruises and scars.

She wasn't in it just for the money though, that I'll give her. I think mainly it was the heroine.
She wasnt a heroin addict just inexperienced and ugly. Plus I am quite sure you don't want to share the rest of that story!!!
Mike, I just talked to Jim and he said to go ahead and tell the story. I gotta hear this!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Yeah he told me it was cool too.