UPDATE: (Page 35) Everybody Hurts

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Cronos
In perpetuum

Re: I have a date

Post by Cronos »

haltz wrote:Dr. Pepper etc
It's like you just don't care enough to try anymore. We need to talk.
Heyzeus that [expletive].
Darn right.

Doesn't this thread belong in the rant/rave about your life, Gantz?

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

No, it deserves it's own thread.

I wish I had a funnier inside joke with GRB. Oh Gantz, he loves getting wasted and making embarrassing posts. There goes TGantz with another awesome baseball post. But no, I'm recognized as a Dr. Pepper lover. If that's a crime, then put me in jail.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

Where did the Dr. Pepper bit come from, anyway? I missed its magnificent debut.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I wish you luck. Dating stinks at least to me, but there is also a good side that is the mystery of not really knowing what will come of it.

I have to admit that I was darn lucky. I haven't ever asked a girl to go out, which is fortunate because I have no idea if I would have the courage to do so without some liquid help.

My only advice is to enjoy the rush of a new relationship, and be mentally prepared for a heartbreak (not that I hope that happens).

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Cronos wrote:Where did the Dr. Pepper bit come from, anyway? I missed its magnificent debut.
TGantz wrote:My best friend is diabetic and plays soccer for his college. Whenever we go out to eat he orders a water, because it's healthy and keeps his blood sugar down. I usually order one with him. But often waiters assume it's because we're cheap. Because we're young and he usually wears athletic type clothing (soccer jerseys, adidas pants) pretty much anywhere we go they assume we won't tip well because we're punk kids. We tend to get ignored.

When I go out on dates, I am not ignored because I dress well and I usually order a Dr. Pepper.

I usually get something more expensive (more content) with my friend than on a date. On a date, I usually get sissy food because I don't want to look like a moose.

What's your attitude toward people on dates haltz? Tend to tip more than usual or less?

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewto ... er#p832370

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I love how in the original "Dr. Pepper" thread nobody even comments on gantz's post, but it now has become an Official GRB Meme.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

heyzeus wrote:I love how in the original "Dr. Pepper" thread nobody even comments on gantz's post, but it now has become an Official GRB Meme.
GIS: Dr. Pepper meme
[SHOW]

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

heyzeus wrote:I love how in the original "Dr. Pepper" thread nobody even comments on gantz's post, but it now has become an Official GRB Meme.
It got sig'd though by someone iirc.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I have to ask - what exactly constitutes "sissy food"? Are you ordering salads?

When I used to date I'd order one of the more expensive things on the menu which is usually something with red meat. I did that so I wouldn't look like a cheapsake, and the girl wouldn't be pressured to order something inexpensive. That's why dates often ask what you're ordering before they tell you what they're thinking.

cards2468
Hall Of Famer

Post by cards2468 »

I order the largest portion of red meat available to exert my masculinity. I also strike my waiter/waitress if they make eye contact with me.