GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 CDT

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
haltz
Hall Of Famer

Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C

Post by haltz »

It was andrus that fielded the bunt, changing directions on a wheel play and throwing to first.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

haltz wrote:It was andrus that fielded the bunt, changing directions on a wheel play and throwing to first.
I know. Look at the replay. Hit a few feet to the left and Beltre possibly catches and starts a triple play.

PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer

Post by PujolJunkie »

If there is one thing I couldn't have taken last night, it would have been Beltre spinning a triple play to end the WS.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Rave- havring this game preserved on dvr -rant only from 9th on.

So many plays and details to ck out

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

that lonestar board - "Is this what being rape feels like?"

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

docellis wrote:that lonestar board - "Is this what being rape feels like?"
It figures that even when they're making an incredibly offensive comparison like that, they don't even use the right part of speech for the operative word.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Freed Roger wrote:Rave- havring this game preserved on dvr -rant only from 9th on.

So many plays and details to ck out
The MLB Network is apparently running every Cardinal postseason game right now so you can get the whole thing later today or tomorrow.

greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Post by greenback44 »

Kinda interesting how Pujols watched the ball for a moment rather than take off as soon as the triple was hit. Pujols was almost certainly going to score no matter what, but I'd bet Berkman was thinking about running up Pujols's back.

JS04
All-Star

Post by JS04 »

lukethedrifter wrote:
haltz wrote:It was andrus that fielded the bunt, changing directions on a wheel play and throwing to first.
I know. Look at the replay. Hit a few feet to the left and Beltre possibly catches and starts a triple play.
I saw this mentioned on twitter, and I disagree with it completely..

They may have turned two, but it would have been damn near impossible to turn a triple play...

If I recall correctly (specifics may be wrong), Beltre, the pitcher, and Young were all crashing, Andrus was covering 3rd, and Kinsler rotated to cover 1B...leaving no one to cover 2nd to get DD, not to mention, Kinsler would have had to beat Jay to the bag to turn two...

I don't see how Andrus gets back to 2nd to get DD, and really, I don't see how Kinsler gets back...if someone has video and can confirm this (they don't have it on game highlights) that'd be great

JS04
All-Star

Post by JS04 »

lukethedrifter wrote:
I saw this mentioned on twitter, and I disagree with it completely..

They may have turned two, but it would have been damn near impossible to turn a triple play...

If I recall correctly (specifics may be wrong), Beltre, the pitcher, and Young were all crashing, Andrus was covering 3rd, and Kinsler rotated to cover 1B...leaving no one to cover 2nd to get DD, not to mention, Kinsler would have had to beat Jay to the bag to turn two...

I don't see how Andrus gets back to 2nd to get DD, and really, I don't see how Kinsler gets back...if someone has video and can confirm this (they don't have it on game highlights) that'd be great