Pujols Signs With Angels

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Re: Pujols Signs With Angels

Post by docellis »

Angels have $82 million committed in 2014 to four players -- Albert Pujols, Vernon Wells, C.J. Wilson, and Jered Weaver.

EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star

Post by EastonBlues22 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Cronos wrote:
robbotis wrote:The Pujols need to be done. I'm done. Good riddance. Let's just start the season. I can't wait for Albert to get the "respect" he soooo desires. Come to Busch as an Angel. 43,000 booing will be plenty of deserved respect.
I'd like it even more if the stadium got completely silent when he was announced.
That would be the most awesome outcome right there. So you could here a pin drop.
Agreed. He did wonderful things for this franchise while he was a part of it...everyone can agree to that. If the fans thank him with a hearty booing, all it's doing is giving us (and, by extension, the organization) a black eye. Personally, I don't want to be a part of that.

He'll probably be hoping for cheers when he comes back, but he'll almost certainly be braced for boos given the way things have gone down. Let him hear something else that he never thought he would hear at Busch instead...complete and utter silence. It'll be the most jarring thing he never heard.

If you want to bring the full impact of his decision to bear on him in a way that he'll never forget...well, I can't think of a better way to do it.

Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Post by Maclowery »

docellis wrote:
Angels have $82 million committed in 2014 to four players -- Albert Pujols, Vernon Wells, C.J. Wilson, and Jered Weaver.
Ey I thought it was Jeff, mang?

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Albert, I will miss you and you did great things for the Cards organization, but I'm glad they didn't match the Angels offer.

Time to archive this puppy.