Game 1 Post Game Thread

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

Phillips seems to think the radar gun at the game was accurate and that Verlander didn't have his good stuff and that's the reason the Cards jumped him.

I dunno. We all felt it was off by 5 or 6 MPH.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

So I flipped over to ESPN during a commercial after the game. Jeff Brantley was there to analyze how the Cardinals put together a tremendous game one win. I was actually curious to hear what he had to say.

What do I get? Let's see . . . this game really doesn't change anything at all, Kenny Rogers is amazing, Detroit is just a great team, and absolutely NO mention of Anthony Reyes. None whatsoever.

Great job, Brantley. Nothing like spending 99% of the time talking about the team that just lost 7-2. The winners don't deserve air time.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

clevername wrote:Phillips seems to think the radar gun at the game was accurate and that Verlander didn't have his good stuff and that's the reason the Cards jumped him.

Another example of Phillips idiocy.

When they would show their fox tracker thing, it would show the speed as 4-5 mph faster than the Fox gun.

EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star

Post by EastonBlues22 »

clevername wrote:Phillips seems to think the radar gun at the game was accurate and that Verlander didn't have his good stuff and that's the reason the Cards jumped him.

It's not even debatable...every person who threw for both teams was 5-6 under where they normally throw.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

whyhellothere wrote:

When they would show their fox tracker thing, it would show the speed as 4-5 mph faster than the Fox gun.
It's just so typical for him. He can't seem to think past simple things. He's so easily fooled (see his Reds predictions).

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, because we really don't know how accurate the gun was, but I've got a feeling it was wrong as was Phillips.

EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star

Post by EastonBlues22 »

clevername wrote:
whyhellothere wrote:

It's just so typical for him. He can't seem to think past simple things. He's so easily fooled (see his Reds predictions).

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, because we really don't know how accurate the gun was, but I've got a feeling it was wrong as was Phillips.
Nope, as we said the gun was only ~5 mph off...it wasn't even close to 15 mph off.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I think Anthony Reyes must be related to this guy

clake
All-Star

Post by clake »

What a great outing by Reyes... Talk about proving something tonight... Part of a tandem of rookies to ever start game 1 and himself having the least amount of wins ever for a starter... Way to go kid!

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

We saw some good base running tonight. Rolen running in to the 3rd basemen was heads up baseball.

Elphie15
Perennial All-Star

Post by Elphie15 »

Public enemies, Rolen and Pujols are talking during a press conference now