This threads for you, lopsided trade proposal guy.

Talk about fantasy sports here
clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Re: This threads for you, lopsided trade proposal guy.

Post by clevername »

well, it depends on how many teams are in the league and how many keepers you get.

if it's a 6 keeper league, yeah, not worth it.

If you keep 10+ and it's a shallow enough league that you can reasonably replace Loney and Cabrera via waiver wire fodder (honestly not that hard to do) then I don't think it's out of the question.

I usually don't have any problem with middling guys like Loney and OCab getting lumped into deals. They should never be deal breakers/veto causers. If you can convince the other owner to overvalue those guys when you can find similar or better value elsewhere, more power to you. I personally wouldn't want them starting for me outside of at least a 14-16 team league. If they just take up space on the bench you're probably better served using that bench space on young guys with potential.

But, again, if it's a 5-6 keeper league that's not worth the trouble unless that young player is already up and playing in the majors.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

It's a min 7 max 9 keepr league. NL only. 10 teams. Replacing Loney's production on the waiver is going to be tough. Replacing Z is going to be next to impossible unless of course he blows up.

The trade was vetoed though I never raised a question.

clevername
Bringer of FRBG

Post by clevername »

NL only obviously changes things.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i have a pretty weak offensive team, but i have some good pitchers (sabathia, halladay mainly)...someone offered me mccutchen for halladay...am i wrong that that is no where near a fair trade?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Jocephus wrote:i have a pretty weak offensive team, but i have some good pitchers (sabathia, halladay mainly)...someone offered me mccutchen for halladay...am i wrong that that is no where near a fair trade?
You are correct in thinking that is nowhere near a fair trade.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Unless it's a keeper league and McCutcheon was picked up last year for $1 and you're way out of it....then those types of trades are a dime a dozen now....but even then it's compltely lopsided.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Jocephus wrote:i have a pretty weak offensive team, but i have some good pitchers (sabathia, halladay mainly)...someone offered me mccutchen for halladay...am i wrong that that is no where near a fair trade?
pfft, i'll give you Jason Bay for Halladay.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

same guy just offered alex rios for brian mccann...uh..yeah...

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

I've been offered Stephen Drew for Zimmerman. This is the league where every week I have to decide which two to sit out of Upton, Heyward, Rasmus, Zimmerman, Victorino, and Ichiro. I have Wright at 3B and my SS is Alexei Ramirez (I start Zimmerman as my utility guy). I'm thinking I should do it.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

I was just offered Josh Willingham, Chris Pérez, Brad Penny for Josh Hamilton and Scott Baker. I do not have a closer, but everyone else in the league has at least 2, I am already conceding the saves category.