GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Talk about fantasy sports here
Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by Richie Allen »

I think I'd like to, unless someone else wants to, do some weekly wrap-ups for our fantasy league. Recap the match-ups and which players were responsible for which teams doing well or poorly, etc. Can also keep an eye on good FA and waiver moves, as well as horrible ones. I think it can get somewhat boring when there's no dialogue and we all go about our business without any or little interaction. The other thread was 11 pages worth of trying to get everyone together for the draft so I hope a new thread won't be objected to. It can also be a place to feel others out for trades, etc. Or to feel each other up, if that's your fancy. It's not my league so I suppose you can all tell me to go [expletive] myself but I thought it might stir up a little more interest.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Re: GRB H2H Keeper 2010 Thread

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Richie Allen wrote:I think I'd like to, unless someone else wants to, do some weekly wrap-ups for our fantasy league. Recap the match-ups and which players were responsible for which teams doing well or poorly, etc. Can also keep an eye on good FA and waiver moves, as well as horrible ones. I think it can get somewhat boring when there's no dialogue and we all go about our business without any or little interaction. The other thread was 11 pages worth of trying to get everyone together for the draft so I hope a new thread won't be objected to. It can also be a place to feel others out for trades, etc. Or to feel each other up, if that's your fancy. It's not my league so I suppose you can all tell me to go [expletive] myself but I thought it might stir up a little more interest.
Worth every penny of that $42.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I had to leave the draft early so autodraft did most of pitching. I have like 2 closers, so I'm pretty much just punting saves and rotating probable pitchers. Sucks.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Who's Contronius (who I'm up against this past week)?

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

ghostrunner wrote:Who's Contronius (who I'm up against this past week)?
I think that's stldoggett.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I edged out JOD 6-3-1

Got screwed out of a big win in another league by Hoffman getting the W tonight.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I edged out JOD 6-3-1

Got screwed out of a big win in another league by Hoffman getting the W tonight.
It went back and forth between 5-4-1 and 5-5 for the first few days. Verlander [expletive] the bed.

Fan_In_NY
Perennial All-Star

Post by Fan_In_NY »

Had a close matchup that I was up for most of the week, but a lot of categories were up for grabs on Sunday. Halladay got the win for me, Oswalt did not for my opponent (dont know who it was). That gave me the Win in Wins, and ERA. And Rickie Weeks having a great night Sunday night swung batting average in my favor (in fact it says I won .246 to .246)... So apparently batting average was not that impressive, but it was enough to win. Ended up 8-1-1. Lost in Runs, tied in Saves.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

First, hopefully this will be on page one, I want to figure out who everyone is. Let me know if any of these are wrong.

Team thrill=thrill
Danville Warriors=Richie Allen
Stillwater Stallions=longhornbaseball
lazy bums=clevername
Team Beaver Shooters=planet pujolsian
Team The Reamers=MrSaigon
Schenectady Swingers=Fan_In_NY
My Pujols Byrnes=Swirls
Mulder's Shoulder=InvincibleCakeEater
Glengarry Leads=ghostrunner
Contronious Rex=stldogget05
Hits 3b, 2b, 1b That Smooth HR=JackofDiamonds

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Matchup 1
thrill 6-3-1 (thrill) vs Danville Warriors 3-6-1 (Richie Allen)
Magglio Ordonez, who killed my team last year and I couldn't have gotten rid of quick enough, came back to stomp on my [expletive] to the tune of .462, 2 HRs, 6 Runs & 6 RBIs. Also, the FA move of the week was Thrill's pickup of Edgar Renteria, who hit .533. Still, Danville out-homered thrill with 13, led by Nelson Cruz's 4, knocked in 43 runs and hung close with BA until the final day. Danville only won 1 pitching category but it was an impressive 2.63 ERA. Thrill's pitching staff looks very solid with Tim Lincecum (17 Ks/14 IP) and Chris Carpenter leading the way. Thrill got a strong outing from their pen too.

Matchup 2
Stillwater Stallions 7-3 (longhornbaseball) vs The Reamers 3-7 (MrSaigon)
Stillwater looked pretty solid in every category except ERA. Hideki Matsui, who no one ever wants on their team, hit .370 with 2 HRs and 5 RBIs. Matt Holliday, however, was the MVP for Stillwater with his .423 average, 3 HRs, 6 ribbies and 8 runs scored. The Reamers had an off week at the plate but got 6 saves out of their bullpen and won 3 of the 5 pitching categories.

Matchup 3
lazy bums 3-7 (clevername) vs Beaver Shooters 7-3 (planet pujolsian)
The Beaver Shooters were an offensive juggernaut this week with a .300 average, 15 HRs, 45 RBIs and 46 runs scored. Their pitching staff, while recording a piss-poor ERA (thanks to Z), also slapped 8 Ws on the board. Pujols (.375, 4 HRs & 10 RBIs) and Vernon Wells (.350, 4 HR) provided the slugging and they got wins from 8 different pitchers. The lazy bums didn't hit worth a [expletive] but got nice K totals from Gallardo (10/12 IP) and Sabathia (9/13 IP) and an outstanding performance from Matt Garza (9 Ks/8 IP, 4 hits and 1 ER).

Matchup 4
Schenectady Swingers 8-1-1 (Fan_In_NY) vs My Pujols Burns 1-8-1 (Swirls)
The Swingers took advantage of some great pitching and some healthy slugging and even managed to win BA with a .2458 mark (edging out .2457). Nearly everyone on the roster homered and Rickie Weeks (.368) and Ian Stewart (.391) hit for solid averages. Roy Halliday was the pitcher of the week with 17 Ks, 2 wins and a 0.56 ERA. Swirls has already employed 20 offensive players and Dustin Pedroia (.360, 3 HRs, 7 RBIs & 6 runs) was the best of the bunch. MPB also had what appears to be a nice pickup in Shaun Marcum but the more exciting news may have come from Altoona, PA: "Strasburg threw five innings in his minor league debut on Sunday, allowing four runs (just one earned) on four hits with eight strikeouts and two walks. He worked in the 97-98 mph range, according to the Associated Press. He also added an RBI double"

Matchup 5
Mulder's Shoulder 6-3-1 (InvincibleCakeEater) vs Hits 3b, 2b, 1b That Smooth HR 3-6-1 (JackofDiamonds)
ICE threw down a staggering .333 BA in the first week and did, indeed, steal the [expletive] out of some bases (13). JOD put together the highest RBI total of the week (50) to nearly avoid being swept offensively (MS had 49). Miguel Cabrera (.522, 2 HR & 8 RBIs) led the long list of players having hot weeks for CakeEater. Placido Polanco matched Cabrera's 8 RBIs, while hitting .481. JOD got nice K totals from Dan Haren (13/13.2 IP), Josh Johnson (10/10 IP) and Justin Verlander (9/10 IP), although still losing the category to ICE's 55. JOD's highlight of the week was the emergence of Jason Heyward (.292/3 HR/8 RBIs).

Matchup 6
Glengarry Leads 5-4-1 (ghostrunner) vs Contronious Rex 4-5-1 (stldogget05)
The closest matchup of the week. Glengarry got 10 RBIs from Jorge Cantu and 11 from Chris Young to lead the offense. Contronious got solid hitting across the board to end the week with a .302 average. Contronious also seems to have struck gold with Ubaldo Jimenez (who was the last guy I decided not to keep from last year) who might be making that step into the upper echelon of major league pitchers (2-0, 13 Ks/12 IP and a 2.25 ERA). Mark Buehrle put together two solid outings (2-0, 2.40 ERA & .093 WHIP) for Glengarry.

Player of the Week: Albert Pujols .375, 4 HR, 10 RBIs, 7 runs (edges out Nelson Cruz .450, 4 HR, 9 RBIs, 6 runs)
Pitcher of the Week: Roy Halladay 2-0, 17 Ks, 0.56 ERA, 0.94 WHIP (edges out Tim Lincecum 2-0, 17 Ks, 1.29 ERA, 0.71 WHIP)
Relief Pitcher of the Week: Jon Rauch 4 saves
Manager of the Week: Thrill picks up Edgar Renteria who hits .522 and wins him the BA category by less than .010. He also takes 6 out of 10 from Danville, while spending virtually no money in the draft.