GRB Fantasy Football 2013-2014 Leagueopalooza!

Talk about fantasy sports here

What is the best day for you to draft at 7p.m. CST?

Sunday
14%
Monday
14%
Tuesday
No votes
Wednesday
29%
Thursday
No votes
Friday
14%
Saturday
14%
Leroday (a.k.a. I'm not in this League)
14%

Total votes: 7

jeffbgoofy
All-Star

Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2013-2014 Leagueopalooza!

Post by jeffbgoofy »

I pre ranked but should make it

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I will be live for the first 5-7 rounds, then my rankings will take over.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

GODDAMMIT. I never pre-ranked because I expected to be live, then totally forgot about the [expletive] draft.

Who wants Andy Dalton?

AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

Post by AdmiralKird »

JackofDiamonds wrote:GODDAMMIT. I never pre-ranked because I expected to be live, then totally forgot about the [expletive] draft.

Who wants Andy Dalton?
Pass

By "pass," I mean that's what coach tells him to do, but he can't.

So I'll pass.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

It was very nice of Decker to catch 2 of 7 targets, and drop a td.

Anyone need a TE? For the first time since I started playing fantasy football, God help me, I have 3 in Gronk, Sudfeld and Thomas (den). I'd package one with a rb/wr/qb for a slight upgrade at whatever position I gave up.

AdmiralKird

Post by AdmiralKird »

Massive upset week in progress.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Championship week is decided. Pacifists vs. Wombats.

I'll say this before the game, so it won't look like bragging or sour grapes, depending on the score, but in the future, the championship week should be week 16. (I think it was previous years) There might be a lot of fantasy starters sitting this week with most teams having nothing to play for. I think its better and more fun to have the most players playing in the championship week.

AdmiralKird

Post by AdmiralKird »

In investigating a Week 17 versus Week 16 Championship, the pros and cons were evident, it was something I investigated heavily.

On the one hand, you can have some of your best players sitting out the final week, in fact, my top pick is sitting on the bench this week.

But I don't really think this is a bad thing.

Fantasy is too often decided by a preseason draft that decides the winning versus losing teams, to where the weaker teams can't right the ship through picking up players because one team out of twelve through luck of the draft is going to be fill a team with stud players that remain healthy.

To me, fantasy is about more than that, its about paying attention to your team and other players and being a grind. Having a Week 17 Championship allows for this - deeper teams mattering, the draft being important - but not everything, and ending this final week on the last week of the regular NFL season. You've got six bench slots, if you have a player or two sitting out and you haven't picked up anyone to fill the gap in the playoffs then that's on the manager, and a playoff manager at that.

You'll have a good idea if one of your starters is sitting on the final few weeks of the season. It makes the league tougher, but it also brings more meaning to Fantasy football, where the bench is often an afterthought for plugging players in for starters during bye weeks or when they get injured. That's why people don't really do 4, 6, 8 team leagues, because you'll never really go to the bench, and the leagues are termed as "easy." Opening up the bench to matter is what makes fantasy better, exciting, and also more of a challenge.

For most teams, playoff weeks in 16 and 17, won't matter because they won't be playing anyway, but if you've managed to make it that far, then the championship should be fought between the two managers. The draft will still matter because the majority of your players will still be playing, but it also opens the bench up more so it isn't plugging most of the same players in since day one.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Congrats to Combat Wombats!

I still disagree. You are punishing someone for drafting well. In my opinion, most good teams survive because they make good waiver and free agent pickups. A team rarely drafts well and lucky and survives without injury. Tons of guys get injured.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Totally forgot about this league. My other two leagues are on ESPN... just checking.... yep, last place... by a lot.