Keeper Thoughts For Next Year

Talk about fantasy sports here
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Keeper Thoughts For Next Year

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Not the worst dilemma in the world to have. I have a 14-team keeper league. You can keep one player for next season, but whatever round you picked him in, you forfeit that round's pick in the next year's draft.

If it's a guy you scooped up off the waiver wire, you forfeit an 8th round pick. If it's a guy you traded for, you forfeit the pick in whatever round he was picked.

These are the guys I'm considering on my roster this year:

Odell Beckham Jr (1st)
Rob Gronkowski (1st)
Cam Newton (7th)
Jamaal Charles (8th-- I got him when someone dropped him after he got hurt)

Thoughts?

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Keeper Thoughts For Next Year

Post by GeddyWrox »

I've never played in a keeper league. But my spidey senses are telling me either Gronk or Newton. The pick # is making me lean towards Newton.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Well, I'd look at it this way Gronk is so far above other TEs that you're unlikely to get close to his numbers from another TE. But I think I have to go Newton and hope I get my Gronk or Antonio Brown or the ilk in the 1st round.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

lukethedrifter wrote:Well, I'd look at it this way Gronk is so far above other TEs that you're unlikely to get close to his numbers from another TE. But I think I have to go Newton and hope I get my Gronk or Antonio Brown or the ilk in the 1st round.
That's what I'm thinking too. It is a PPR league, so even an injured Charles is very attractive in the 8th. But, this is also his 2nd blown ACL, which worries me.

I was certain I'd keep Gronk until a couple weeks ago. Now, like you say, I keep Cam and hope that Gronk is there when I have my first pick.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Well, I'd look at it this way Gronk is so far above other TEs that you're unlikely to get close to his numbers from another TE. But I think I have to go Newton and hope I get my Gronk or Antonio Brown or the ilk in the 1st round.
That's what I'm thinking too. It is a PPR league, so even an injured Charles is very attractive in the 8th. But, this is also his 2nd blown ACL, which worries me.

I was certain I'd keep Gronk until a couple weeks ago. Now, like you say, I keep Cam and hope that Gronk is there when I have my first pick.
This year though, guys like Greg Olsen, Travis Kelce, and, to an extent, Delanie Walker and Jimmy Graham have been pretty stellar in PPR leagues at TE. The gap between Gronk and everyone else isn't AS noticeable as it was a couple years ago. He's still far and away the best out there, but I agree with the others - the fact that you'd lose your first round pick kinda sucks. Cam would be my pick - I think he turned a major corner this year and is a solid MVP candidate.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Jimmy Graham was a huge disappointment. Not worth the high pick spent on him at all. Prior to the IR.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

i feel like cam in the 7th round is great value.

WR is deep and gronks value is diminishing, IMO.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

go birds wrote:i feel like cam in the 7th round is great value.

WR is deep and gronks value is diminishing, IMO.
Gronk's value diminishing is not the reason to go with Cam.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

That's not what im saying--my point was that TE is a little deeper than it has been (reed, eifert, barnidge, etc).

He's getting a 1st/2nd rounder at a 7th round price.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

In that case, I agree.

eta: in yahoo leagues, Gronk has the biggest points gap to second of any position. He has huge value. But, yeah, Cam Newton is definitely the guy when you tie the draft pick to it.