Our unaffordable health care system gets more unaffordable.

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Re: Our unaffordable health care system gets more unaffordab

Post by pioneer98 »

Rand Paul came out against repealing Obamacare, which means it is almost certainly going to be repealed now.

(FWIW he says repealing it would increase the budget deficit)
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

doe_boy
Hall Of Famer

Post by doe_boy »

pioneer98 wrote:Rand Paul came out against repealing Obamacare, which means it is almost certainly going to be repealed now.

(FWIW he says repealing it would increase the budget deficit)
Wow! A Rand Paul sighting!
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

In Trump's America it's certainly possible that someone is that ignorant, but I am leaning toward thinking this is a fake internet meme.
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm not so quick to dismiss. I'm pretty sure I have extended family on ACA who voted Trump.
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

I'm sure I do too, Crowes, but I think that image is shaky. Snopes said it's unsubstantiated and possible, but that no one else who would have seen it online has added to the discussion over it or come out with any other info backing up the veracity of it. I'm skeptical, mostly because I'm skeptical of everything that comes through social media nowadays and that isn't confirmed over and over, and I think in today's day and age if something like this got to widespread meme status like this one has that we'd have other people substantiating it, outing the poster (like the crazy Chicago Trump person who berated staff at two different places) and giving me a little more confidence in its validity.
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

themiddle54 wrote:I'm sure I do too, Crowes, but I think that image is shaky. Snopes said it's unsubstantiated and possible, but that no one else who would have seen it online has added to the discussion over it or come out with any other info backing up the veracity of it. I'm skeptical, mostly because I'm skeptical of everything that comes through social media nowadays and that isn't confirmed over and over, and I think in today's day and age if something like this got to widespread meme status like this one has that we'd have other people substantiating it, outing the poster (like the crazy Chicago Trump person who berated staff at two different places) and giving me a little more confidence in its validity.
Tons of people don't understand Obamacare is the ACA.

Lots of sadness here...

http://www.areyousorryyet.com/
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

themiddle54 wrote:I'm sure I do too, Crowes, but I think that image is shaky. Snopes said it's unsubstantiated and possible, but that no one else who would have seen it online has added to the discussion over it or come out with any other info backing up the veracity of it. I'm skeptical, mostly because I'm skeptical of everything that comes through social media nowadays and that isn't confirmed over and over, and I think in today's day and age if something like this got to widespread meme status like this one has that we'd have other people substantiating it, outing the poster (like the crazy Chicago Trump person who berated staff at two different places) and giving me a little more confidence in its validity.
Yeah, it looks fake. Sounds like the same person writing both parts.
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Stuff like this makes me wonder if Americans like to be contrarian for it's own sake. Maybe all countries have it going on to some extent. And being truthful, I've been like that on some things.
Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

ghostrunner wrote:Stuff like this makes me wonder if Americans like to be contrarian for it's own sake. Maybe all countries have it going on to some extent. And being truthful, I've been like that on some things.
The other way to look at it is the question is answered relative to alternatives. The shift here is an increase in people saying it's a good idea, which you may be more likely to say when it looks like repeal is the alternative rather than reform.