Trump's Cabinet and staff

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: Trump's Cabinet and staff

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Who could have seen this coming?
Former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders has joined Fox News as a contributor, the network announced on Thursday. It is the latest sign of the revolving door relationship between Fox and the Trump administration.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/media/sa ... index.html
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Distinguished Voices Series with Jim Mattis
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
https://www.cfr.org/event/distinguished ... m-mattis-0
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

so much lying
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Can we just say government officials shouldn't stay at Trump's places, and leave it at that? That's been a problem from day one.

We're getting lost in the weeds if we're talking details on the train of thought
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

ghostrunner wrote:Can we just say government officials shouldn't stay at Trump's places, and leave it at that? That's been a problem from day one.
I think the problem is we do say that, the Constitution says that, it's been the case since The Federalist Papers and Article 1 of the Constitution, and it just doesn't matter at the moment.

There's just a general thumbing-of-the-nose, not just at convention and tradition but at the law.
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

33anda3rd wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:Can we just say government officials shouldn't stay at Trump's places, and leave it at that? That's been a problem from day one.
I think the problem is we do say that, the Constitution says that, it's been the case since The Federalist Papers and Article 1 of the Constitution, and it just doesn't matter at the moment.

There's just a general thumbing-of-the-nose, not just at convention and tradition but at the law.
I understand that Trump and the admin have no shame about it. My problem is the press isn't pressing the issue adequately. Getting caught up in how instead of why has been a recurring problem.
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

ghostrunner wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:

I understand that Trump and the admin have no shame about it. My problem is the press isn't pressing the issue adequately. Getting caught up in how instead of why has been a recurring problem.
My guess is that the press is basically playing this wrong. They see Trump as a blip in time, something that will be quickly reversed. They don't want to be the mouthpiece of the opposition party--or perceived as being the mouthpiece of the opposition party--because the opposition will be back in power soon enough. So they play it as absolutely safe as possible. Which is [expletive] up, because the truth can't have a party or a side.
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Much like the emoluments clause and many other institutional protections, the press was completely unprepared for a scumbag on Trump's level to call their bluff and force them to do anything substantive to hold him accountable. Feigned neutrality and constant "both sides" rhetoric combined with being a revenue driven industry rather than a public service, has lead to their impotence being exposed. It's like everyone thought they were playing a game with real rules, but Trump has come along and revealed the truth that wielding power has nothing to do with following rules or being a slave to respectability.
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Post by Radbird »