THE WALL

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Re: THE WALL

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Swirls wrote:
Radbird wrote:
Snot: Kevin I'll be in your neighborhood tomorrow. Remember, I know things and dont subscribe to rules when threatened. I'm libel to leave you with a permanent reminder of why you should think before you [expletive] with me.
There are a lot of Snots out there today. How will they react on Weds Nov 4, 2020 to a new president-elect?
This is a question I ask myself almost daily.
There will be some violence. And crap like the takeover of the wildlife refuge in Oregon. This time, you can't let these criminals get away with it. Tolerance is weakness to these people.
Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-b ... nt-1463559
The Trump administration has sparked outcry in Arizona after video posted on social media showed construction crews tasked with building President Donald Trump's long-promised border wall bulldozing down some of the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument's most "iconic" cacti.

Speaking to Newsweek, Kevin Dahl, the Arizona senior program manager for the National Parks Conservation Association who captured the viral video of the park's Saguaro cacti being mowed down, said he was "heartbroken and outraged" after witnessing the incident. "At that point, what they were doing was destruction, not construction," he said.

For decades, Dahl said, Arizona's Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument has been recognized in the U.S. as a protected space. Both a U.S. National Monument and a UNESCO biosphere reserve, the park has long been identified by local indigenous groups, including the Tohono O'odham Nation, as sacred land.

Meanwhile, archaeologists have sought to preserve the 16,000 years of human history that the monument contains, while environmentalists have fought to protect the range of endangered species and cactus plants that call it home.

Despite the monument's clear spiritual, historic and environmental significance, however, the Department of Homeland Security has waived a number of laws in a desperate bid to realize Trump's promise to see as many as 450 miles of border wall constructed before the end of 2020.

So far, the DHS still appears to have more than 380 miles to go and, as a result, cries to see land like the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument spared from construction have fallen largely on deaf ears.
By going through this area, the wall now blocks a migratory path and critical water route for land animals like the desert tortoise. So he's also accelerating extinction.
GeddyWrox
Perennial All-Star

Post by GeddyWrox »

Any of you trumpers want to defend this [expletive]? The man is pure evil. And if you voted for him, you enabled this.
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

GeddyWrox wrote:Any of you trumpers want to defend this [expletive]? The man is pure evil. And if you voted for him, you enabled this.
"He's openly been evil forever and is obviously an ignorant piece of [expletive], but, her emails. Guess I should vote for GeddyWrox!" Also enabled this.
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Post by Radbird »

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I hope when the wall cam goes live that somebody just runs right up to it with a big ladder, climbs over it, climbs back and then just gives the cam a middle finger on their way down to show the absurdity of it all.

Instead we'll end up seeing native species try to migrate and not be able to or something like that.
Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

tlombard wrote:I hope when the wall cam goes live that somebody just runs right up to it with a big ladder, climbs over it, climbs back and then just gives the cam a middle finger on their way down to show the absurdity of it all.

Instead we'll end up seeing native species try to migrate and not be able to or something like that.
I'd like for it to be pointed upwards and get hit with a big pile of bird [expletive]. Or you could have someone run up to it and blast the camera with a paintball gun. But I think bird [expletive] would be better.
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

If you think public executions reality tv style aren’t on the table, youre not paying attention.

We are [expletive].
greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Post by greenback44 »

This guy was tried for leaving drinking water in the desert, which was absurd.

Time to go play The Victors on YouTube.
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

greenback44 wrote: This guy was tried for leaving drinking water in the desert, which was absurd.

Time to go play The Victors on YouTube.
Great outcome, lousy ordeal.

This was nice to read