"I do not support a livable wage"

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: "I do not support a livable wage"

Post by IMADreamer »

wow that seems like huge positive news. I think Amazon was starting to take some big PR hits with how rich Bezos is and how much the company is worth so they probably had to do something, but major props for them for doing something.
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Bezos specifically tagging Bernie in an obviously coordinated roll-out between their social media teams is interesting.
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

IMADreamer wrote:wow that seems like huge positive news. I think Amazon was starting to take some big PR hits with how rich Bezos is and how much the company is worth so they probably had to do something, but major props for them for doing something.
Is there anywhere to see the break down of where his money comes from? Does amazon just do so many sales that small profits add up? Are their exorbitant profits from certain products? I’m not going anywhere with this just curious where it all comes from.
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Michael wrote:Amazon is raising min wage to $15 dollars for all employees. Additionally, Amazon’s public policy team will also begin advocating for an increase in the federal minimum wage. Gotta give props to Bernie for pressuring them:
That amazon gave its employees that raise is awesome. See it can be done without a law requiring it.

On the other hand I read an interesting piece this morning that they are pushing for the increase in non wage because they think it will drive competitors out of business.
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Diddy wrote:
Michael wrote:Amazon is raising min wage to $15 dollars for all employees. Additionally, Amazon’s public policy team will also begin advocating for an increase in the federal minimum wage. Gotta give props to Bernie for pressuring them:
That amazon gave its employees that raise is awesome. See it can be done without a law requiring it.
Yea, it can an should be that way - without a law requirement. (but it end up that way) Weird, they took the that $15 # though, if purely a market-based decision.
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Freed Roger wrote:
Diddy wrote:
Yea, it can an should be that way - without a law requirement. (but it end up that way) Weird, they took the that $15 # though, if purely a market-based decision.
Yup weird :wink:
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Diddy wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:wow that seems like huge positive news. I think Amazon was starting to take some big PR hits with how rich Bezos is and how much the company is worth so they probably had to do something, but major props for them for doing something.
Is there anywhere to see the break down of where his money comes from? Does amazon just do so many sales that small profits add up? Are their exorbitant profits from certain products? I’m not going anywhere with this just curious where it all comes from.

Good question and I honestly don't know. I assume most of his net worth is tied into Amazon stocks? I'm sure he gets some big dividends for that and I would assume his salary as CEO is quite large, but I'm not sure how it all works really.
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

I hope Working Class Whites™ look at this Amazon news and see where their bread is buttered.

Bernie and the left just got the second most valuable corporation on earth and the second largest private employer in America to raise their minimum wage to $15/hour.

Trump et. al. want to cut Social Security to pay for corporate stock buybacks.
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

G. Keenan wrote:I hope Working Class Whites™ look at this Amazon news and see where their bread is buttered.

Bernie and the left just got the second most valuable corporation on earth and the second largest private employer in America to raise their minimum wage to $15/hour.

Trump et. al. want to cut Social Security to pay for corporate stock buybacks.
Making so much under Trump he can afford to give everyone raises.
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

he made a [expletive] ton before him too