Guns V3.0

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Re: Guns V3.0

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Hey hey. Gun laws doing stuff:

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/08 ... -away.html

Check out the last paragraph as well. Someone at the VA successfully deprogrammed him.

Eta: I got the Texas shooting alert moments after I posted this. Expletive. Can't keep up.
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Hey hey. Gun laws doing stuff:

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/08 ... -away.html

Check out the last paragraph as well. Someone at the VA successfully deprogrammed him.
Red flag laws aren't solid with parameters -
one person flagging someone and authorities taking their guns - but a damn good thing overall.

[expletive] Missour-ah isn t going to even look into it. Got to change the #s in Jeff City first.
Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Eating outside of Beast BBQ in the Grove and we'd we earlier were talking about recent Texas shooting then POP! ...... and then we see it is fireworks .....

I nearly soiled my drawers. There were about 15 people out there with us and everybody was ducking.
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Freed Roger wrote:Eating outside of Beast BBQ in the Grove and we'd we earlier were talking about recent Texas shooting then POP! ...... and then we see it is fireworks .....

I nearly soiled my drawers. There were about 15 people out there with us and everybody was ducking.
Follow up -a question: I haven't been around nearby gunfire much - mostly just when out running or hiking in the woods (there are gun ranges not far from a couple of trail systems, and occasional hunters.

Isn't it generally hard to pin down where a gun shot is coming from? Like fireworks, sometimes you have no specific idea where it is coming from.
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Freed Roger wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Eating outside of Beast BBQ in the Grove and we'd we earlier were talking about recent Texas shooting then POP! ...... and then we see it is fireworks .....

Follow up -a question: I haven't been around nearby gunfire much - mostly just when out running or hiking in the woods (there are gun ranges not far from a couple of trail systems, and occasional hunters.

Isn't it generally hard to pin down where a gun shot is coming from? Like fireworks, sometimes you have no specific idea where it is coming from.
More of a crack crack than a pop pop. I’ve heard beaucoup city gunfire.
Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

More of a crack crack than a pop pop. I’ve heard beaucoup city gunfire.
Having heard them in a city or closed space - and assuming the shooter wasn't right in front of you (and you aren't dead or wounded) -how easy is it to figure out where they are coming from?

Seems like it would be happenstance for good guy with a gun to be of much immediate use in urban setting. In the firework scenario - I was glad none of the other patrons reacted by pulling out a gun.
ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

My mother has been a staunch Walmart supporter for as long as I can remember, but all of a sudden this week decided she's not a fan of the way they harm local businesses. She's apparently never shopping there again.

It is a complete coincidence that this change of opinion coincides with Walmart's decision to significantly scale back the kind of gun ammo it sells.
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Beto is really good on some things