The Christian Thread 2.0

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: The Christian Thread 2.0

Post by Popeye_Card »

Has anyone started watching "The Family" on Netflix? I'm about 1.5 episodes in. Troubling stuff, but I'm trying to maintain some skepticism that it is being sensationalized a bit.
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Post by Radbird »

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Radbird wrote:
Lock him up and throw away the key.
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Popeye_Card wrote:Has anyone started watching "The Family" on Netflix? I'm about 1.5 episodes in. Troubling stuff, but I'm trying to maintain some skepticism that it is being sensationalized a bit.
[SHOW]
3 episodes in. Depressing as all get out. So many punchable faces.
[SHOW]
The intent with Influence political involvement is there. but this far am not sure if the reach is there, other than wanting the christian right votes. Religion as a political means to controlling the masses scary and but concept precedes these guys

Definitely a cult though. That spurned ex-associate of Ensign that got cuckolded etc, still needs to seek counseling to free himself from their grasp.
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Jerry Falwell Jr. really loves giving large sums of money to random pool boys and personal trainers. Probably just a coincidence. Both must have a keen mind for business. Yes, that's what they have in common and explains why Falwell and his wife "befriend" hot bodied young men, fly them around on their private jet, and give them millions of dollars.

Exclusive: Falwell steered Liberty University land deal benefiting his personal trainer
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

G. Keenan wrote:Jerry Falwell Jr. really loves giving large sums of money to random pool boys and personal trainers. Probably just a coincidence. Both must have a keen mind for business. Yes, that's what they have in common and explains why Falwell and his wife "befriend" hot bodied young men, fly them around on their private jet, and give them millions of dollars.

Exclusive: Falwell steered Liberty University land deal benefiting his personal trainer
Related: The Righteous Gemstones is a great show.
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

thrill wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:Jerry Falwell Jr. really loves giving large sums of money to random pool boys and personal trainers. Probably just a coincidence. Both must have a keen mind for business. Yes, that's what they have in common and explains why Falwell and his wife "befriend" hot bodied young men, fly them around on their private jet, and give them millions of dollars.

+
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

33anda3rd wrote:
thrill wrote:

+
++

Danny McBride is on a roll.
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

G. Keenan wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
thrill wrote:

+
++

Danny McBride is on a roll.
Not a small roll either. Foot Fist Way was like a dozen years ago and he's given us a lot in that span.