New DNC chair

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

New DNC chair

Post by Schlich »

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Re: New DNC chair

Post by Schlich »

Obviously it cannot be Donna Brazile.
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

That's a great choice, too bad he'll be deported before the 2020 election is underway.
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Bernie approved choice is a must, I think.
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

ghostrunner wrote:Bernie approved choice is a must, I think.
Yes, and Bernie should, after the way he engaged and energized voters, be a central part of the national platform moving forward.
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

themiddle54 wrote:
Yes, and Bernie should, after the way he engaged and energized voters, be a central part of the national platform moving forward.
themiddle54 wrote:
Meh. I'm still stuck on Sanders not being a Democrat until a year ago. I'd listen to his input, but I wouldn't let the new guy make all the rules.
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Popeye_Card wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Meh. I'm still stuck on Sanders not being a Democrat until a year ago. I'd listen to his input, but I wouldn't let the new guy make all the rules.
I think we have to consider where the Democrats are and where the Democrats should be. They should be further left than they are. Economically, for sure, they should not be the party of Wall Street but the party of labor and income equality. Socially, they should be to the left and that's all kinds of important because while the country keeps moving left socially we keep electing conservative Congresses that don't represent our social POV as a country.

Sanders wasn't a Democrat because the Democrats didn't represent what they used to--especially labor--and if he's willing to be a big part of the party moving forward they should welcome him with open arms. He's the guy to push them to where they need to be.
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

As a counterpoint, Obama won two elections fairly handily. He also had a pretty good 8 year run in office. I think I would value his input over Bernie's.
Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

Keith Ellison is a great pick.
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Popeye_Card wrote:As a counterpoint, Obama won two elections fairly handily. He also had a pretty good 8 year run in office. I think I would value his input over Bernie's.
Absolutely, he should also be a central part. I'm not stumping for Bernie-determines-all in the DNC. I do think he should have a large voice, though.