Price is Right: Trump net disapproval on Thanksgiving

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Price is Right: Trump net disapproval on Thanksgiving

Post by 33anda3rd »

The first public hearings on impeachment are coming next week. America will get at least two mostly full days of people with firsthand knowledge of the Ukraine In The Membrane Scandal Of 2019. There should be more to come.

For the last year Trump's net disapproval (disapproval - approval) average* has been between roughly -9 and -14. It bottomed out at -16.7 if I'm reading it right, during the shutdown last Christmastime when he was considered a scrooge who screwed over government employees. Generally speaking it holds pretty steady between -10 and -12 but he's on his most prolonged downturn since the shutdown now, because of this whole mess.

So let's play The Price Is Right. After 3 weeks of public hearings, and whatever else comes in the next 20 days. When we wake up on Thanksgiving morning, where do you think Trump's net disapproval will be?

* as calculated by 538

My guess is -15.5. He'll drop another point and a half from where he is now, but his treason will not be deemed as unseemly--even with public testimony--as taking away people's paychecks during Santa Time.
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Re: Price is Right: Trump net disapproval on Thanksgiving

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

33anda3rd wrote:The first public hearings on impeachment are coming next week. America will get at least two mostly full days of people with firsthand knowledge of the Ukraine In The Membrane Scandal Of 2019. There should be more to come.

For the last year Trump's net disapproval (disapproval - approval) average* has been between roughly -9 and -14. It bottomed out at -16.7 if I'm reading it right, during the shutdown last Christmastime when he was considered a scrooge who screwed over government employees. Generally speaking it holds pretty steady between -10 and -12 but he's on his most prolonged downturn since the shutdown now, because of this whole mess.

So let's play The Price Is Right. After 3 weeks of public hearings, and whatever else comes in the next 20 days. When we wake up on Thanksgiving morning, where do you think Trump's net disapproval will be?

* as calculated by 538

My guess is -15.5. He'll drop another point and a half from where he is now, but his treason will not be deemed as unseemly--even with public testimony--as taking away people's paychecks during Santa Time.
I'm going to get it goes lower as his besties double down / circle the wagons / stiffen their resolve / pick your favorite metaphor.
Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

33anda3rd wrote:The first public hearings on impeachment are coming next week. America will get at least two mostly full days of people with firsthand knowledge of the Ukraine In The Membrane Scandal Of 2019. There should be more to come.

* as calculated by 538

Keep in mind he's threatening another shutdown on November 21 due to the impeachment inquiry.

I'm going to go with lower than his worst ever... Let's say -17.5.
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Swirls wrote:

* as calculated by 538

Keep in mind he's threatening another shutdown on November 21 due to the impeachment inquiry.

Yeah, TSA without pay in busiest travel time of year would be a very stable genius move.
Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Freed Roger wrote:
Swirls wrote:

* as calculated by 538

Yeah, TSA without pay in busiest travel time of year would be a very stable genius move.
He did it last year, why not repeat it this year? If he does and it extends across both Thanksgiving AND Christmas, hoo boy I'd say that rating hits -20.
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Hope you guys are right.
Currently 22 points underwater in PA. If Philly and Pittsburgh and the burbs turn out he's toast there.

No one is saying "don't know."
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Six days to go and he's at -11.7.

This is freaking crazy. Up is down. Black is white. There is no sanity, man.
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

33anda3rd wrote:Six days to go and he's at -11.7.

This is freaking crazy. Up is down. Black is white. There is no sanity, man.
Not a surprise. You're far too trusting.