Joe Biden - Pros & Cons

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Re: Joe Biden - Pros & Cons

Post by greenback44 »

ghostrunner wrote:It’s not just Biden’s centrism that annoys me, it’s who he wants to reassure.
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Biden says Democrats and Republicans can work together, just like he worked with segregationists

This isn’t a gaffe, this is a serious case of foot in mouth disease.
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Biden sucks ass. All cons.

Constantly touching women inappropriately and admittedly best friends with Republicans. Centrism is just conservatism/neoliberalism. Which is bad.

I hope this last bit is his nail in the coffin.
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Biden is demonstrating really well why his previous presidential campaigns flopped so badly. We can only hope that his poll numbers will tank.
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

pioneer98 wrote:Biden is demonstrating really well why his previous presidential campaigns flopped so badly. We can only hope that his poll numbers will tank.
I'm hearing echoes of how people talked about Trump early on.
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:Biden is demonstrating really well why his previous presidential campaigns flopped so badly. We can only hope that his poll numbers will tank.

Trump never ran before 2016 though. Biden has run twice before and barely made any traction either time
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
There's a stark difference between the left and right.

Trump says treat women like meat and the degenerates who support him like that talk. It works on the right. Al Franken poses for a photo in bad taste, and what's the last you heard from Al Franken? The left doesn't play that [expletive]. We make our Al Frankens go away. The right revels in it, celebrates scumbags like Trump and Judge Moore.

Biden might not need to hold up to very granular scrutiny, he might just need to keep showing up in front of a microphone and a camera to talk his way out of favor with the Dems.
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

The hits just keep coming

Biden Is Now Demanding That Cory Booker Apologize for Saying That Segregation Was Bad
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

So...I’m not a Biden fan. But he’s saying Booker should apologize for calling him racist, not for saying segregation was bad. He’s saying his record is in standing with civil rights and leading for change on civil rights. So let’s talk about his record and his stances on civil rights, and knock them down when they deserved being knocked down, rather than saying that he wants Booker to apologize for being anti-segregation, which is just a flat-out dumb thing for Slate to print and something that is nowhere in the context of what Biden says in that Tweeted clip. He’s not hitting back over a segregationist senator. He’s hitting back over being called racist. Maybe Biden’s racist: this clip doesn’t demonstrate that.