UPDATE: 2024 OFFSEASON PLAYLIST TOURNEY: VOTING NOW OPEN

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Re: The Best Playlist Tourney - CONGRATS TO LONELY BLUES LIST BY CardsofSTL !!!!

Post by TheoSqua »

I checked the IP logs. I can confirm this tournament was rigged!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: The Best Playlist Tourney - CONGRATS TO LONELY BLUES LIST BY CardsofSTL !!!!

Post by Radbird »

I knew it. Calling my lawyers in the morning.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Time for 2024 Offseason Tourney - Taking Suggestions (pg 4)

Post by Radbird »

It’s that time of the year again. I’m willing to take the plunge and put one together. In the past we’ve had music-themed tourneys. Last year’s playlist format was fun - heard a lot of new-to-me songs so we can do that again or another type of music format, but open to other suggestions. Anything to distract from from the remainder of the Hot Stove League since the Cards participation appears likely to be minuscule going forward.

Let me know what you think - would like to start in early January so we can wrap it up by ST.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

Radbird wrote:
December 14 23, 9:27 pm
It’s that time of the year again. I’m willing to take the plunge and put one together. In the past we’ve had music-themed tourneys. Last year’s playlist format was fun - heard a lot of new-to-me songs so we can do that again or another type of music format, but open to other suggestions. Anything to distract from from the remainder of the Hot Stove League since the Cards participation appears likely to be minuscule going forward.

Let me know what you think - would like to start in early January so we can wrap it up by ST.
I would definitely participate in the same playlist tourney, and I don't appreciate the accurate reality check that the Cardinals off season is done except for a middle reliever.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

How about songs by people under 30 released since 2020? Or something like that.

However, since most popular songs these days are 90 seconds of crappy half-rapping with unfinished-sounding hooks (thanks Tik Tok), I might hate it. Really, I try not to be curmudgeonly. It’s hard out here though.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Offseason Tournament theme: Best Billy Joel/Sting 4 song playlist.

In honor of today's press conference and @go birds

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

UPDATE: SUBMIT YOUR PLAYLISTS FOR 2024 OFFSEASON TOURNEY

Post by CardsofSTL »

At this stage in his career, @Radbird is best used as an opener. Unfortunately when @TheoSqua looked down at the bullpen I was the only one warming so I will be taking over the administration of the tournament brackets for this offseason.

We will follow the same format this tournament as last offseason. Create a 5 song playlist (or playlists, multiple entries encouraged) using Spotify, YouTube, etc and PM the link to @CardsofSTL to be entered into the tournament. Give the playlist a name and feel free to share your theme if you had one in mind when building the list. Playlists will not be sorted by any classification; the lists will just be built into brackets and we will begin the rounds.

Please start submitting your playlists now. I would like to start the tournament in a little over a week so we can conclude by Spring Training.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: UPDATE: SUBMIT YOUR PLAYLISTS FOR 2024 OFFSEASON TOURNEY (pg 4)

Post by CardsofSTL »

I've received a few playlists... Keep them coming in guys!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Most of last year's tournament entrants have made some submissions. Reminder that multiple entries are allowed. And let's see some new participants this year! 📯🎶🎷🎵🎸

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

what exactly is the criteria/rules?