Lankford Bracket Round One: Epitomal 90s vs. The Most 90s Playlist Ever (Better than Theo's)

Which Playlist do you prefer?

Epitomal 90s
69%
The Most 90s Playlist Ever (Better than Theo's)
31%

Total votes: 13

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Lankford Bracket Round One: Epitomal 90s vs. The Most 90s Playlist Ever (Better than Theo's)

Post by Radbird »

90s DEATH MATCH !!!!!

TheoSqua:
Epitomal 90s

vs.

heyzeus:
The Most 90s Playlist Ever (Better than Theo's)

Description: the 90s were great. Saved by the Bell, the Gulf War that we won, those Reebok pump sneakers, hypercolor shirts. You need a playlist that makes you feel that again. Like Kelly Kapowski is looking in your direction, and not just because you left the fly of your Zubaz down. Theosqua thinks he knows the 90s but THIS is the 90s. It smells like fruit roll ups, actually.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Re: Lankford Bracket Round One: Epitomal 90s vs. The Most 90s Playlist Ever (Better than Theo's)

Post by Smith Corks One »

I voted against Theo’s list simply because I have always despised that Semisonic song. Like, viscerally, for some reason.

On the other hand, I’ve always adored Dan Wilson’s previous band, Trip Shakespeare. Give this little gem a listen if you never have.

**Mod edit to fix link**
Last edited by Smith Corks One on February 27 23, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Lankford Bracket Round One: Epitomal 90s vs. The Most 90s Playlist Ever (Better than Theo's)

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Singing in my Sleep should have been Semisonic’s hit. Catchy keyboard riff. About mixtapes. Awesome little outro.

But Dan Wilson made a gazillion dollars working with Adele (unpopular opinion: her music is irritating). Add that to his Mariners catcher money (same Dan Wilson in my universe) and he’s doing pretty well.

Neither of these lists make me Surge With Carbos because No Diggity is too conspicuous an absence.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
February 27 23, 10:36 am
Singing in my Sleep should have been Semisonic’s hit. Catchy keyboard riff. About mixtapes. Awesome little outro.

But Dan Wilson made a gazillion dollars working with Adele (unpopular opinion: her music is irritating). Add that to his Mariners catcher money (same Dan Wilson in my universe) and he’s doing pretty well.

Neither of these lists make me Surge With Carbos because No Diggity is too conspicuous an absence.
Sorry, Shoop OPP have displaced the No Diggity niche. I was tempted to go with Regulate, but there was a lighter side to the 90s that needed representation.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

heyzeus wrote:
February 27 23, 3:25 pm
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
February 27 23, 10:36 am

Sorry, Shoop OPP have displaced the No Diggity niche. I was tempted to go with Regulate, but there was a lighter side to the 90s that needed representation.

Ok, fine. But do I chase waterfalls or not? These playlists leave me guessing.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Hardest one yet. Zeus' is "more fun" to me and would be the one I put on at a cookout or whatever, but if you put Don't Look Back In Anger on your playlist, I kind of have to vote for it.