Edmonds Bracket Round One: Aging Boomer Crapola vs Needle Drop Soundtrack Legends

Which Playlist do you prefer?

Aging Boomer Crapola
39%
Needle Drop Soundtrack Legends
61%

Total votes: 18

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Edmonds Bracket Round One: Aging Boomer Crapola vs Needle Drop Soundtrack Legends

Post by Radbird »

Radbird:
Aging Boomer Crapola

vs.

heyzeus:
Needle Drop Soundtrack Legends

Description: At the end of a great movie, the final dramatic scene comes together, and the soundtrack engineer hits play on the perfect song to capture the mood, and reflect back everything you're experiencing. It's not too surprising that these are some of my favorite songs and just so happen to be used to perfect effect at the close of some of my favorite movies.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Re: Edmonds Bracket Round One: Aging Boomer Crapola vs Needle Drop Soundtrack Legends

Post by Tambourine Man »

Mmmmm...Tough matchup, but the inclusion of Born Slippy tips in favor of zeus.

Kincaid
Veteran Player

Re: Edmonds Bracket Round One: Aging Boomer Crapola vs Needle Drop Soundtrack Legends

Post by Kincaid »

I thought we might finally get through a whole bracket without Clapton showing up when he wasn't in "Aging Boomer Crapola", but nope, he's in all four. Granted, Duane Allman's slide guitar on "Layla" is pretty great.

Psychocandy is one of my favorite '80s albums.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

There are many valid reasons to loathe Eric Clapton. Layla ain’t one of them.

Radbird

Post by Radbird »

No Clapton as I tried to stay away from the obvious choices like the Beatles, Cream, Derrick & the Dominoes that you might expect from the title and pick songs that were my faves growing up.

Yeah, I know the Stones are in there but it wasn’t a mega hit, just a song I absolutely wore out back in the day - the bass intro hooked me.
heyzeus wrote:
March 6 23, 5:56 pm
There are many valid reasons to loathe Eric Clapton. Layla ain’t one of them.
This is true.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Radbird, your playlist is all songs I was unfamiliar with, so thanks for sharing it. It's fun!

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Went with needle drops, possibly affected by the fact that I just rewatched Trainspotting because the blank check podcast is covering Danny Boyle. When Born Slippy hits at the end of that movie, you just feel the freedom and opportunity that Renton feels when he takes the money and bails. Shout out to Spud tho. Poor Spud is a good dude.

Radbird

Post by Radbird »

heyzeus wrote:
March 7 23, 8:07 am
Radbird, your playlist is all songs I was unfamiliar with, so thanks for sharing it. It's fun!
I got 2 new-to-me songs from Needle Drop - or at least I didn’t recall them. Just Like Honey (from Lost in Translation which I have seen), Born Slippy Nuxx (from Trainspotting which I have not).

To me, that’s what these music tourneys are all about - sharing songs and finding new music.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Gotta watch Trainspotting man. Iconic Gen X cool kid dirtbags coming of age movie. Delete the spoilers from my prior post from your mind.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

I wish Needle Drop Soundtrack Legends had Radiohead-Exit Music for a Film, purely because of the name.